Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

That time of year again

• 11-10-2012 9:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

It's back, the dull mornings when car drivers have their lights on - making bikes nearly invisible in side & rear view mirrors... remember, if you were in their position, you wouldn't see a bike either just a bunch of lights so take it easy when ripping up the middle :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

jameshayes wrote: »
    It's back, the dull mornings when car drivers have their lights on - making bikes nearly invisible in side & rear view mirrors... remember, if you were in their position, you wouldn't see a bike either just a bunch of lights so take it easy when ripping up the middle :cool:

Nicely put! They don't see bikers at the best of times but on a morning like that, you need to stand out a bit more. A full sleeve hi-vis jacket is good if you can get one, and they tend to be waterproof too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

All the more reason to sleep in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Went for a spin today....yes in the pissings of rain. Wanted to check out the PR3's in the wet and I got my fair share of cages just doing what they do. And dont talk to me about the white van man, indicator you havin a laugh.

But I was in full gear with the HI Vis (wear it all the time unless its really hot) and had the spots on the bike too. As was said take it handy and ride like everyone is trying to kill you and take it down a notch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I noticed for the first time today plenty of leaf fall on the N4. I was on 4 wheels today though:o

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Wanted to check out the PR3's in the wet...

So what are they like, in comparison to the PR2's?
    I noticed for the first time today plenty of leaf fall on the N4. I was on 4 wheels today though:o

Yeah, it's a sh!tty road for it alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

So what are they like, in comparison to the PR2's?

TBH, same as any good tyre in the dry but very good in the wet. Not scrubbed in 100% only got them last Friday and this was my second time out on them. Did not drive the bike up north as was collecting bigger gear with a friend.

They,are pricey but worth it. Was talking to the lads in RPM and they cant keep the "ANGELS" in stock meant to be a good alternative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,411 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

If they had their legal lights on (and not off when they should be) it would be fine. Too many morons on the roads with foglights illegally blaring :mad: especially blinding when the road is wet.

Scrap the cap!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    TBH, same as any good tyre in the dry but very good in the wet. Not scrubbed in 100% only got them last Friday and this was my second time out on them. Did not drive the bike up north as was collecting bigger gear with a friend.

They,are pricey but worth it. Was talking to the lads in RPM and they cant keep the "ANGELS" in stock meant to be a good alternative.

Aye, heard that too alright. I know a few lads with them and can't rave enough about them.

Advertisement