Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Shopperthoughts.ie

Options
  • 11-10-2012 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭

Anyone else get invited to be part of "shopper thoughts" for Tesco? I got an email yesterday to be part of it. The usual requirements, give over your basic info and they'll send you surveys via various methods (email, phone, sms etc...) to complete for Tesco points and prizes.

This is the company running it for tesco:
    https://www.shopperthoughts.ie/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

a quick google search points at this company

http://www.dunnhumby.com/uk/our-clients-industry-focus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I think this is the parent market research company running the shopper thoughts site for tesco actually:
    http://www.edigitalresearch.com/static/our-clients

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Jarren wrote: »

Seems both are involved:

224043.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I got the e-mail and presumed it was a scam... is it possibly not?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

be careful with this kind of thing, there is often a clause permitting them to sell your details to a 3rd party, with major spammage from market research companies.

I made that mistake with pigsback, took one of their surveys and started getting MR calls from london. they eventually got the message when I told them to eff off.

true. I do use a junk email address for these types of things. The info I was asked to give wasn't that sensitive (in my opinion anyway).

No I dont think it's a scam. It's owned an operated by Tesco:

https://www.shopperthoughts.ie/static/terms#t_08

224047.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭rockofrepublic

Has any one joined this site?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Are you given points or do you have to compete for points?

Since joining back in October I've had 3 surveys (1 per month). I'm supposed to get 75 points per survey plus entered into a prize. As there's no clear breakdown of points on my Tesco awards pack I'm unsure if I actually get the points on to my tesco card or if they accumulate and can be cashed in later for something...

239049.jpg

It does say:
    Tesco Clubcard Points earned through Shopper Thoughts will appear on your Clubcard statement up to three months after you have successfully completed the survey.
    so maybe they're still coming?? I cant be sure.
    https://www.shopperthoughts.ie/static/terms#t_05

• Advertisement

I think at the start when you were registering you could choose tesco points or vouchers, so maybe you might not have choosen clubcard points.

They did say too , that it would take 3 months for the points to be applied.

I think at the start when you were registering you could choose tesco points or vouchers, so maybe you might not have choosen clubcard points.

They did say too , that it would take 3 months for the points to be applied.

I'm 99% sure I choose clubcard points but as I said it doesn't breakdown points for shopper thoughts unlike other points (bord gais, visa card, petrol etc...)

Ah okay, maybe you could contact them and ask them when will the points be added:

https://www.shopperthoughts.ie/static/contact

Ah I'm not that worried. I'll get around to it sometime. If the survey's were more frequent and there was a chance to earn decent points I'd be on it quickly.

Ya , that would be amazing , I might have a look around for more sites like that , that give tesco club card points.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Got a till spit yesterday offering me 100 clubcard points for signing up to Shoppersthoughts.ie
    They made a mistake in the website spelling..

They are obviously targeting certain shoppers based on their clubcard usage and history.
    If you have received a coupon in store asking you to join the panel, please provide the Clubcard number you used when the coupon was given to you.

Its probably to avoid signing up Tesco staff, they have difference clubcards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 christine fitzgerald

Very happy with Tesco. Love the fruit and veg department along with your roasted seeds/breakfast boost and salad seeds.
    Good value in smoothies for kids and always get my full shopping in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gersrd Gavin

was told to sign up to get 100 free clubcard points

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

was told I was specially selected to sign up to get 100 free clubcard points
    :P

Anyone else receive spam from tescoie @ tesco.ie? My browser says that it is phishing link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Gersrd Gavin

how do you get your clubcard points

They do not seems to offer many surveys. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Margi2

I shop in Tesco Store of Carlow But refuse to shop point blank in Tesco in Tullow unless absoutely necessary due to SERIOUS problem with Staff presume not trained to deal with customers last Sunday took the biscuit when a nine year old child was treated like dirt by a male staff member at a check out where she was buying markers and a note book counting out her change to pay he was tutting he then went on when she was short ten cent to tut even more when we were looking for the ten cent in change in our bag it is not the first time that i have come across this problem in tesco in tullow. Please Tesco answer me and see how you can change your staffs attitute to customers in this store as it has been like since it has opened its doors here in tullow i am not the only one who gets this lots of customers have already said same because of staffs manners. I would be grateful if you can reply to me on this problem not very impressed grandparent and disgusted tesco customer.

Margi2 wrote: »
    I shop in Tesco Store of Carlow But refuse to shop point blank in Tesco in Tullow unless absoutely necessary due to SERIOUS problem with Staff presume not trained to deal with customers last Sunday took the biscuit when a nine year old child was treated like dirt by a male staff member at a check out where she was buying markers and a note book counting out her change to pay he was tutting he then went on when she was short ten cent to tut even more when we were looking for the ten cent in change in our bag it is not the first time that i have come across this problem in tesco in tullow. Please Tesco answer me and see how you can change your staffs attitute to customers in this store as it has been like since it has opened its doors here in tullow i am not the only one who gets this lots of customers have already said same because of staffs manners. I would be grateful if you can reply to me on this problem not very impressed grandparent and disgusted tesco customer.

This thread isnt read by Tesco

try this:

https://www.tescocomments.com/se.ashx?s=2511374573735288

you need your receipt to fill it out

or try posting en their facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 collette22

Happy with Tesco food shopping but not with there fresh meat, last shopping i got chicken was frozen / defrosted / then refrozen again, if i had not checked there might have been some very sick people in this house other than that i am happy enough with them

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

collette22 This thread is in relation to Tesco customer surveys, not a general thread around Tesco.

Closing thread.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement