Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there an easier way to transfer your itunes library from one laptop to another?

• 11-10-2012 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

My entire iTunes library is stored on my Dell laptop. Just got an apple laptop yesterday but since I'm keeping my Dell I wonder is there any point in putting it on the new laptop?

I have had to transfer my itunes from an ipod a couple of times, once when I first got the dell laptop and again when the dell got a virus and I lost everything. It was such a long, monotonous task that I just can't face doing it again!

Is there any easier ways?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I thought most people advised you against the macbook in your previous thread, but you got one anyway? :eek: :pac:

Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I thought most people advised you against the macbook in your previous thread, but you got one anyway? :eek: :pac:

Enjoy :)

Ha ha, yeah, I always wanted one and I already had my mind made up when I posted that thread :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Move an iTunes library from a Windows PC to a Mac
    Ha ha, yeah, I always wanted one and I already had my mind made up when I posted that thread

You're a real piece of work, aren't you? :D

Torqay wrote: »

I didn't realise it would cause so much trouble! :eek::D

Thanks for the link, I am glad to read it should hopefully retain my playlists and things too as that is quite important and it was really quite tedious when I lost all my iTunes trying to replicate it!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Torqay wrote: »

I didn't realise it would cause so much trouble! :eek::D

Thanks for the link, I am glad to read it should hopefully retain my playlists and things too as that is quite important and it was really quite tedious when I lost all my iTunes trying to replicate it!
    Ah yes the classic Mac vs PC battle :p Android vs iPhone battles are much more common now though.

Anyway, if you're still using both computers, is home sharing On iTunes an option?

• Advertisement

I haven't even tried yet to put my music library on, I've just been so busy at work and what not. I am still trying to get used to this Macbook...the internet is about all I am confident at using right now! lol

I will try Home Sharing first maybe, thanks for reminding me because i had forgotten all about that option!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

5uK8rqSlMU-al-eSkxK73w2.jpg

TA DAAAAAAAAAAA

You should do something similar! I personally like the blue on the left there. Really good way to get noticed!

Advertisement