Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recieved Solicitors letter over a Bill that is not ours.

Options
  • 11-10-2012 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Hey, I received a Letter from Hugh J Ward & Co Solicitors with regards to an amount due to Electric Ireland that is not our Bill.

It is from a property we rented, I was onto the landlord who is trying to sort it out with electric Ireland but my oh is in Australia atm with the bill in her name and they refuse on the phone to deal with anyone else.

There was never a Final bill sent out to the landlord with the total amount we did owe €103.07 and consequently the landlord still has the money in an envelope waiting for the bill to be paid. (We moved out June)

The letter states we owe €324.30 to Electric Ireland. I have a meter reading I took upon arrival and leaving the property. The landlord was there for transferring the bill into my oh's name on the first day and there again for putting the bill back into the landlords name at the end of the tenancy.

I would like if I could get this dealt with through myself as the OH is in Australia for the year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Crow92,

Because of data protection legislation, we can only discuss account particulars with the person in whose name the Electric Ireland account is. We are unable to make an exception unfortunately and are required to adhere very stringently to data protection.

What we suggest is: having the account-holder email Electric Ireland customer service, giving permission to have your name added to her account as an authorised contact.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Ok good suggestion, i'll get onto that now. Are there any particulars of what information is required to authorise me as a contact in her email.? Acc. Number, D.O.B. etc.??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again Crow92,

Your name is sufficient from the account-holder. When you contact Electric Ireland afterwards (just to advise: it could take three working days for the account to be amended) you would need to confirm the account number and the name/address of the named account-holder on it, and either the contact telephone number on the account or the account-holder's date of birth.

All the best,
    Una

Advertisement