Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bare-rooted Wallflower plants in Dublin area.

• 11-10-2012 10:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭

I tell myself every year that I must plant seeds to grow wallflower plants in time - but I never do.

I'm looking for (affordable!) bare-rooted wallflower plants in the Dublin area. My usual garden shop (in Mary St) didn't have any this morning. Any suggestions...?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

wait4me wrote: »
    I tell myself every year that I must plant seeds to grow wallflower plants in time - but I never do.

I'm looking for (affordable!) bare-rooted wallflower plants in the Dublin area. My usual garden shop (in Mary St) didn't have any this morning. Any suggestions...?

Unusual for Mr Middleton to be out of stock.

Did you try Lenihans on Capel Street??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

You really should consider growing them from seed if you can, go on, you'll enjoy it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

vicwatson wrote: »
    You really should consider growing them from seed if you can, go on, you'll enjoy it !
    I know - but I need plants this weekend to plant up my mother's front garden :o.

Just as a matter of interest when should one plant wallflower seeds to get them to single plants for planting out around now? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

paddy147 wrote: »
    Unusual for Mr Middleton to be out of stock.

Did you try Lenihans on Capel Street??

Yeah they had none this morning - awaiting another delivery but didn't know when. Never thought of Lenihans but I won't be in the city centre this side of the weekend now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Yeah they had none this morning - awaiting another delivery but didn't know when. Never thought of Lenihans but I won't be in the city centre this side of the weekend now.

Well theres allways B&Q,Woodies,Homebase and all the gardening centres like,Johnstown,Tullys,Plantagen,Jones,Orchard and many more.

• Advertisement
Advertisement