Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Bath - need help

Options
  • 11-10-2012 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

I live in small 2 bed apartment with no bath only shower. Our little one is growin to big for her baby bath. My missus tried bringin her in shower with her but we felt too dangerous, she nearly slipped out of her hands few times :eek:

anyways not sure what our options are id say we have a couple weeks left at most.... :confused:

Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

kitchen sink?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭vibes23

Na i wouldn be into that plus she gettin to big and as she has to sit up she gets cold really quick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Really your only options are... get her used to the shower (sit her in the base and shower over her) or move to a place with a bath? If you're not willing to wash her in the kitchen sink that's all you can do really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Get her used to the shower. Hold the baby across your body so the head is in the crook of your arm and the legs are tucked under your other arm, that way they can't wriggle. Have the shampoo open and in hands reach.

The first time I did it I was so nervous but baby actually found this position himself, snuggled in and it was great. He gets so snug and now he's nearly a year so full of movement but shower time he knows the drill and loves it.

It is one of my favourite things of all time, mum and baby shower, he is so cute looking up at me.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Get her used to the shower. Hold the baby across your body so the head is in the crook of your arm and the legs are tucked under your other arm, that way they can't wriggle. Have the shampoo open and in hands reach.

The first time I did it I was so nervous but baby actually found this position himself, snuggled in and it was great. He gets so snug and now he's nearly a year so full of movement but shower time he knows the drill and loves it.

It is one of my favourite things of all time, mum and baby shower, he is so cute looking up at me.

Well this is handy! i'm bringing the baby swimming later and wondered how I'd manage in the shower! :) So is that like the breastfeeding hold but not turned into the breast IYKWIM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

my now 5.5 month old doesnt mind the shower at all. We brought her swimming since 3 months so used to the shower since then. was difficult in the begining when put the shampoo or baby wash on and she was slippy . i used to hold her very similar to what hannibal said but now she can hold her back i hold her under her bum n find this works for us. she loves shower, swimming pool and bath so when in shower she just tries to grab the water. doesnt wriggle too much anymore.

OP how about putting her sitting on shower tray as january said or if she cant sit up unaided or your afraid of her slipping over how about one of does seats for the bath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

we use the shower and just sit him in it, we found standing him in it, even on a towel was dangerous. We just put toys in it and place the shower head on the shower floor to let him play with the water.
    Its more the noise which bothers him so making it a game where he can play with the jets of water is great fun.

Neyite wrote: »

Well this is handy! i'm bringing the baby swimming later and wondered how I'd manage in the shower! :) So is that like the breastfeeding hold but not turned into the breast IYKWIM?

Yes its exactly like it. The head is a little further up into your arm, but its the same idea. I tried holding him upright and he slid all over the place, but then he kind of naturally got himself into this position and we've never looked back. He looks so content and happy it really is so sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

http://www.tummytub.ie/
    A friend swears by this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3760189.htm

we have this, we also have an actual bath but my baby is now 2yrs old and he wont go into the big bath, he loves this and at present he is 2stone and 88cm so not a small toddler and still fits in it, without the sling thing obviously

however if your not able to move to a place with a bath, then realistically you are going to have to get him used to the shower at some point, but all kids love playing in the bath so maybe a bath like above or a very big basin for him to sit in with water so he can play with his toys, just for now anyway, you cant take away the fun of a bath.

• Advertisement

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    http://www.tummytub.ie/
    A friend swears by this

I love tummy tubs...I have one and swear by them too, but they're only great in the early stages. By approx 7 months they've outgrown them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We used a bath seat until he was properly able to sit up himself in the bath.

http://www.toys.ie/Bath-Seat-Swivel-!100039-prd.aspx

I found it great from 6-10 months and after that he wanted to be splashing around a bit more.

Advertisement