Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Pannetone

Options
  • 11-10-2012 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭

Does anybody buy Pannetone at Christmas - it always looks so lovely wrapped up in a pretty Christmassy box - I was thinking of getting it for presents for people this year. However, I have never actually tasted it myself - is it good? Would people enjoy it or would they think it a bit bizarre. I think it is typically an Italian tradition.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Tis Italian, my sister lives in Rome and there's tonnes of those round Christmas. She's brought some home before, it's ok, sort of like a dry brack, less fruit/more bready if you get me? Less dense.
    Her fiance loves it, would eat it all. I made a bread & butter pudding with one she gave it, and twas gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

hmmmm, sounds a bit bland and boring. except for the bread and butter pudding of course. They are pretty expensive too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

In fairness no more bizarre than mince pies with no meat in them - took me a while to get my head round that one.....................pannetone is a nice light change from all the heavy rich stuff you see at christmas and as time goes on you see them for far more reasonable prices in supermarkets such as Aldi/tesco, and if all else fails and nobody is enticed, they do make for an awesome bread and butter pudding as the above poster mentioned.

Advertisement