Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken pin

Options
  • 11-10-2012 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭

Lads I have a broken firing pin in my Breda SxS who would ye think would do a nice job to fix as close to Limerick as possible. Or would it be worth doing as I only paid €200 for the gun 2 years ago.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

If the gun fits you well and it's in good enough condition changing a firing pin is a small cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭marksman9999

Ralf Neibauer, OCallaghan's Mills, Co Clare 0656833825, Top class and worth every penny. Dont know of anyone else in that area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Ralf Neibauer, OCallaghan's Mills, Co Clare 0656833825, Top class and worth every penny. Dont know of anyone else in that area

That number is coming up as incorrect could you have mis typed it?

If the gun fits you well and it's in good enough condition changing a firing pin is a small cost.

It is a nice gun fits lovely and you could carry it all day and night long

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

IF you can get hold of him that is.:pac:
    Would try Tim Landers down in Tralee,[He still tinkers away with his colle ction] or Lazy dog over in Knocklong.
    Unless it is some weird and complex shape or mechanism,and you have it out of the gun. You could take the pin into Plant Engineering in Limerick, and ask them to run you up one.
    Otherwise,I'm afraid Limerick city is a desert for anything shooting related.:(

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    IF you can get hold of him that is.:pac:
    Would try Tim Landers down in Tralee,[He still tinkers away with his colle ction] or Lazy dog over in Knocklong.
    Unless it is some weird and complex shape or mechanism,and you have it out of the gun. You could take the pin into Plant Engineering in Limerick, and ask them to run you up one.
    Otherwise,I'm afraid Limerick city is a desert for anything shooting related.:(

Just spoke to him this minute and have made arrangements thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭marksman9999

That number is coming up as incorrect could you have mis typed it?

sorry 0656835825

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Mr Neibauer very kindly helped me out a few years ago with special screws and mounts for my Krico rifle. He might be a bit out of the way, but he put himself out to help me after having a chat with the Krico factory in Stuttgart, and I'm a long way from any of you!

tac

sorry 0656835825

Thanks I found it on another post you had up about a rifle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    .....Otherwise,I'm afraid Limerick city is a desert for anything shooting related.:(

For us law abiding firearms users anyway....

• Advertisement

It was a good job I did not tackle the job myself as it was one of the old type ones with the hammer and pin as one piece. I picked up the gun today all nice and tidy and working great. Very nice guy deal with. Thanks for all the advice

Advertisement