Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need an alarm with house control

Options
  • 11-10-2012 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

I need to install an wireless alarm in my house.

While I'm at it I want to pick a product that will offer control over other things like lighting and heating that I can control over IP, or an app on my ipad/iphone.

Are there any units out there recommended for this?

Can someone explain in simple terms what I'd need to achieve house automation.

Thanks to altor on here for his help. He suggested waiting for the HKC 1070 IP which should offer something close to what I need.

What interface would it have to allow me to control lighting/heating? Do I need to add anything else? Are there any units out there that offer everything in one package?

edit: Also, I need something that will send me a text/call/email to indicate a break-in etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Unfortunately there is still no word on HKCs IP panel . People keep giving false information of any day now & next week & next week etc etc. Suppliers know nothing about this & HKC don't appear to want to commit to anything . I have asked here & via email about this panel & have got no reply . That's not a good sign .
    The good news is the Siemens SPC4320 or SPC5320 will meet all your needs.
    Some good info on it here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056676093
    Siemens handle X10 for home automation at the moment. This will be replaced in the future by their own protocol which will also be signalling over mains.
    Their IP access works well from any browser . There is an iPhone & iPad app with Android in the final stages of testing.
    The Siemens PSTN dallier can send texts over landlines from Eircom or Vodafone.
    There is also a GSM dialler that will accept text in commands.
    Ofcourse GSM comes with a warning re jamming.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Great. Know anywhere that I could buy the siemens unit or get it installed?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

All you need is here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748
    Where are you located?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

I'd wait for the HKC :-) its due shortly :-)
    Will be worth the short wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

do those panels support wireless shock sensors with gross and pulse detection??Just because some people aren't getting the info doesn't mean the rest of us aren't . ;)

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    . People keep giving false information of any day now & next week & next week etc etc..
    I'd wait for the HKC :-) its due shortly :-)
    Will be worth the short wait

See what I mean..
    do those panels support wireless shock sensors with gross and pulse detection??
    They can be adjusted via calibration & are just as effective.
    A reminder that the comparison thread is here
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056676093
    Please keep to that for discussion on these panels features.
    Just because some people aren't getting the info doesn't mean the rest of us aren't . ;)

So the professional installers or the suppliers don't have the information, but yourself, a DIYer does?? If you have a date please post it otherwise stop leading people on .
    Then again we had numerous dates for the Wireless Keypads & GSMs. Are they available yet?

An update on this...
    Spoke to another supplier on this this morning. The RF keypad and GSM has been put back to November. That's their information direct from HKC.
    They still have heard nothing on the IP panel. The GSM and RF keypad will be first and as we haven't even had an initial launch date for the IP panel I'd not be surprised if it's next year before we see this on the shelves.
    Again if someone has something more definitive I'd love to hear it. Othetwise it would be best for everyone if people stop posting vague and misleading comments like anyday now and next week etc.
    Thank you.

Advertisement