Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For Sale but Sale Agreed?

• 11-10-2012 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Just a quick query to see if anyone else has experienced this or if andy EA's could shed some light.

I almost went sale agreed on house at begining of August but at 11th hour I was outbid by 10k and was phoned at 10pm by EA to say vendor had been approched in person by a buyer who up'd my bid by 10k. Up to that point I'd been the only bidder and was awaiting it to go Sale Agreed.

Now I left it a few day before I phoned back to see what the story was and was told that the other bidder had paid a deposit the morning after that bid was put in. That was on August 9th which was 9 weeks ago today.

However I've past the house 3/4 times in the past 9 weeks including yesterday and the house still has a "For Sale" sign outside, it is however marked "Sale Agreed" on EA's shop window & only went Sale Agreed on Daft on 28th Sept along with 3 other properties which went Sale Agreed by the same EA on the same day.

That is 4 houses went sale agreed by same EA on Fri 28th Sept, the same weekend the property price register came online. The EA is a small business without even a website of their own.

It's not on the PPR website as being sold, nor the other 3 houses. I'm sure these were withdrawn, but I'm quite intrested in the house. Should I leave a note/letter in the letterbox asking the vendor to contact me directly or has anyone else experienced the same? What should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

we went sale agreed on our house during the first week in july. the for sale sign is still outside the house although the ea has put it sale agreed on daft. the other ea who didnt get the sale still has it on daft. i assume the sign will stay in place until the sale goes through. i imagine the ea may be keeping the sign up in case things fall through (which in this case hopefully will not happen)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

It won't be on the PPR site until the sale has been completed and stamp duty paid. Check back in a month or two.

Advertisement