Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Library Newspaper Access On-Line

• 11-10-2012 11:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Anybody else having problems accessing the Newspapers on the subscribed service provided by the Library. For the past forthnight or so I can only access the front pages. Anybody know what is happening? Is it part of the cut backs where subscriptions have not been paid?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Cerco wrote: »
    Anybody else having problems accessing the Newspapers on the subscribed service provided by the Library. For the past forthnight or so I can only access the front pages. Anybody know what is happening? Is it part of the cut backs where subscriptions have not been paid?

Have you asked about this at the library ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Cerco

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Have you asked about this at the library ?
    John, I would hardly raise the issue here if I had the opportunity to ask in the library. I raised the question on this forum expecting to hear from other local internet users who avail of the service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

John, I would hardly raise the issue here if I had the opportunity to ask in the library. I raised the question on this forum expecting to hear from other local internet users who avail of the service.

I didn't mean to be cheeky but after 2 weeks I thought the best place to get an answer was at the library
    Gillian Misstear
    Phone: 01-2873548
    Email: Greylib@wicklowcoco.ie
    Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 274 ✭✭The Durutti Column

Yes, Cerco, I've been having the same problem. The Times is never available — always were stingy and unwilling to go into the public library system — but now the others are just displaying front pages and nothing more.

I was in the library just on Saturday but forgot to ask about this. I will, though.

Advertisement