Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vivi with flavor!

Options
  • 11-10-2012 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭

Got some of this:
    8076611216_cb94e9799b_m.jpg
    photo(1) by krissovo, on Flickr

Put it in this:
    8076611462_be758d1ea1_m.jpg
    photo(2) by krissovo, on Flickr

Now vaping on a vivi with flavor close to my carto's :D

Took about 2 hours of fiddling, a burnt finger and 5 attempts at the coil but happy with the result. Just need to work on it as vapor could be better but it sucked up a mil of juice in no time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Looks good, what resistance did it work out at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Came out at 2.6 so quite happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

A strand of wick or two inside the mesh makes it quite easy to bend if you were having trouble bending it without kinks.

Thanks for the tip, at my first attempt the wick looked ok and didn't crease however after the 5th or so coil it did crease and got worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

I've been rewicking them with wick and coil with good success. I might have a lash at doing them with the steel mesh later and try the tip of the wick inside the mesh as well. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I find it makes a big difference to making the coil too. The structure is a little more "flexible" to bend but also spring-ier so that it pushes back out against the coil better than mesh alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Just coiled up one of these with mesh too. Followed this video to make the mesh wick.

Coil came out at 1.7, 4 turns of ,2 kanthal. Widened the gap at the top where the wick slots into slightly to make the fit easier. All good...

228325.jpg228326.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

krissovo wrote: »
    Got some of this:
    8076611216_cb94e9799b_m.jpg
    photo(1) by krissovo, on Flickr

Put it in this:
    8076611462_be758d1ea1_m.jpg
    photo(2) by krissovo, on Flickr

Now vaping on a vivi with flavor close to my carto's :D

Took about 2 hours of fiddling, a burnt finger and 5 attempts at the coil but happy with the result. Just need to work on it as vapor could be better but it sucked up a mil of juice in no time.
    looks good and flavour sounds nice :D
    Where did you u buy the wick supplies?

Got it off ebay from a lad in Germany, I will dig out his user name but he has every sheet labeled with different types and very quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

krissovo wrote: »
    Got it off ebay from a lad in Germany, I will dig out his user name but he has every sheet labeled with different types and very quick.

This guy?

• Advertisement

Thats the dude, obsessively organized and everything labeled and very well packaged.

Advertisement