Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unwanted Pallets in Limerick City/Shannon

• 11-10-2012 12:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm pretty sure there isn't another thread on this but apologies in advance if this has been covered before :)

Looking for some clean, undamaged (and unwanted) pallets to fence off a section of my lawn for my dog. Would probably need about 5 or 6 I'd say.

Are these readily available anywhere in the city (or Shannon)? I'm guessing some companies just leave these lying about if they don't need them :confused:

thanks in advance cm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

just call into company receptions and explain what you want them for. Get plastic ones too, as timber ones will rot in time and leave dangerous nails lying around the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

pakalasa wrote: »
    just call into company receptions and explain what you want them for. Get plastic ones too, as timber ones will rot in time and leave dangerous nails lying around the place.

Those plastic ones are moulded. I'd say OP wants the wood from them and build a fence with the material.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

DON'T touch the blue pallets. These cost money and are returned by a specific company. Not even the guys who drive around collecting Pallets will take these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Beer Baron wrote: »
    DON'T touch the blue pallets. These cost money and are returned by a specific company. Not even the guys who drive around collecting Pallets will take these.

The dreaded Smurf organised crime gang!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Those plastic ones are moulded. I'd say OP wants the wood from them and build a fence with the material.

I probably wouldn't be taking the pallets apart tbh.

It's only for a temporary solution to a drainage problem in one specific area of our back lawn. It's an area that's very wet and the dog runs up and down it like a loony when the neighbour's dog is out.....resulting in a mucky Jack Russell and a patch of lawn that looks like a trench from WW1.

Was hoping to get the lawn drained properly this summer and get it sorted but didn't get a chance.

Anyway, thanks for all the replies...will try a few places this week

• Advertisement
Advertisement