Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Polycom IP 320

Options
  • 11-10-2012 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Trying to get Myself some VOIP education here,and have a Polycom Soundpoint IP 320 to hand.

I'm trying to set it up with a BlueFace account,but having a bit of trouble getting the Server1..Domain/Proxy..Lines..SIP etc setup..

Would anyone have had any success in getting one of these working,and be willing to share a very easy guide to doing so?

I'm a total newbie.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

This might be of some little help ..... although it is not for Blueface .....

http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/polycom-soundpoint.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

This might be of some little help ..... although it is not for Blueface .....

http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/polycom-soundpoint.html

Thanks JohnBoy..

Yes,,I've seen that,,and a lot more of ones like it on Google.

I just can't seem to get it sorted though..I'm not up to speed with all this VOIP stuff..

Frustrating.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

The is an old phone alright and is no longer being supported by polycom.

sip server: sip.blueface.ie
    user/pass: see toolbox on blueface acc

Perhaps if you posted up a screenshot of the settings page I could tell to configure? I'm guessing you have accessed the config page via your browser?

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    The is an old phone alright and is no longer being supported by polycom.

sip server: sip.blueface.ie
    user/pass: see toolbox on blueface acc

Perhaps if you posted up a screenshot of the settings page I could tell to configure? I'm guessing you have accessed the config page via your browser?

Hi Mr_Grumpy,

Yes,,I have accessed it via the Browser,,and even tried via the phone itself.

I have most of the settings,,etc,so I'm presuming that I'm just putting them in the wrong places.

I'll get up the screenshot later.

Thanks.

It would be more better if you take help from a good tech so that the things come out clear or else that may lead you in more problem!

business broadband

Thanks lobomerchant.

I know your right...Was just trying to get the hang of it Myself. I have all the settings etc..Just unsure of where they go.

I.E. Server 1 .... Address ... Auth user ID ... SIP ...

That's where I'm getting lost...More than likely mixing them up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Server 1: sip.blueface.ie
    Address: sip.blueface.ie or try username:password@sip.blueface.ie/username or username:password@sip.blueface.ie
    Auth user: blueface username
    Auth password: blueface password
    Signalling: sip

If you posted a screenshot if would be easier.

Ok....Got some pics here...

As you can see,I'm unsure of the settings...And I have some of the settings blank,just so I wouldn't have them on display here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 No1_Monkey

Hey
    In your second Image you have sip@blueface.com this is not a valid address. try it as sip.blueface.ie

Also if you have a hub or a switch capable of port mirroring you could just do a wireshark trace and see if the registration is going out to Blueface and where the failure is occurring.

Cheers

No1_Monkey wrote: »
    Hey
    In your second Image you have sip@blueface.com this is not a valid address. try it as sip.blueface.ie

Also if you have a hub or a switch capable of port mirroring you could just do a wireshark trace and see if the registration is going out to Blueface and where the failure is occurring.

Cheers

Bloody feckin Whoops...

I'll have a look at the silly mistake in a bit..

Thank you..

I have no idea about port mirroring or wireshark tracing.

Advertisement