Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riding School South Dublin

Options
  • 11-10-2012 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to find a horse share at the moment, but until I do, I just can't wait any longer to get back in the saddle :)

Can anyone recommend a decent riding school in the South Dublin area, preferably not too much of a drive away? I'm living near Sandyford Industrial Estate, so I had been looking at the Paddocks and Carrickmines.

I am quite an experienced rider, just slightly rusty (although I got back in the saddle at home recently and was surprised how quickly it all came back), and just need to work on my position and jumping confidence again, so ideally I'd like a place where there could be an option to move from lessons into a horse share option.

Money is tight so as cheap as possible ideally, I have a budget of max 150 a month, but I want to get as much riding in as possible really.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Filly93

Hey

You will be very surprised how easy it can be to find a horse share in that area! One of the best places to look is on DoneDeal! And if you have no look there, contacting livery yards in that area will give you an idea of any people wanting to share their own horses for couple of days a week. The price is usually around 40 euro per week and the amount of days you have depends on the person.

Carrickmines do good private lessons and their school horses are well schooled and not the usual "plods". They are expensive though!

Hope this helps! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭ilovemarmite

Killegar is really good would definitely recommed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

I'd recommend Killegar, my daughter has been going there for years, good teachers, nice people & a relaxed atmosphere. You don't have to pay for set of lessons in advance, essentially pay as you go and only 10 minutes from Sandyford

Advertisement