Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

more than a year out?

Options
  • 11-10-2012 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

i was wondering if you can take more than a year out of college, like say 2 years for example? than return and finish your degree

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Yep, I've known someone to do it. Lots of paperwork I'm sure, but it's possible.
    You should get in contact with your programme office.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Lionheaart

According to a Student Adviser it is not possible to take more than a third of the time it takes to complete your degree off.

For example if your course is three years long, you can only take one year off.

Beyond that you would have to make a good case as to why you need longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Be careful, if they start introducing new modules and/or requirements to the degree you're doing you may well have to fulfill them even if they didn't exist when you started.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

ive took 2 years out half way through my degree and just returned this year and i was also told i could take another year if i wanted,there shouldnt be a problem but if its more than two years it may be a problem depending on what grounds your taking in out on,if iots medical im sure there will be no bother

Advertisement