Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fibre optic

Options
  • 11-10-2012 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi there basically im recently qualified and find myself unemployed. Im looking at getting into fibre optic termination/splicing. I have read up on this forum previous threads on the subject but I was woundering if I could get some more up to date information.

I was looking at courses on a website "broadbandcarrers.eu" the splicing course seems to be FETAC approved. but does anyone with experience in this industry have any advice on entry paths? would this course be benifical?
    I have heard that there will be a big fibre expansion in this country over the next few years so any advice good or bad would be greatly appreciated.

mozil

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

mozil wrote: »
    Hi there basically im recently qualified and find myself unemployed. Im looking at getting into fibre optic termination/splicing. I have read up on this forum previous threads on the subject but I was woundering if I could get some more up to date information.

I was looking at courses on a website "broadbandcarrers.eu" the splicing course seems to be FETAC approved. but does anyone with experience in this industry have any advice on entry paths? would this course be benifical?
    I have heard that there will be a big fibre expansion in this country over the next few years so any advice good or bad would be greatly appreciated.

mozil

BT Ireland are doing a large scale Fibre newtwork accross Ireland at the moment.

Theres plenty of work for a fibre splicer,if you know where to look.

Data Storage Centres are all going Fibre now.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

I done a course in fibre termination with woods communication in ballymount .company paid so dont know how much it was

Advertisement