Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDD Compatability

Options
  • 11-10-2012 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

First time posting here,

Im sure this has been answered many times before and google is giving me two answers. Looking at buying the basic 4gb xbox 360 tomorrow, will my 20gb hdd from the original xbox 360 from 2005 work on that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

ps3man wrote: »
    First time posting here,

Im sure this has been answered many times before and google is giving me two answers. Looking at buying the basic 4gb xbox 360 tomorrow, will my 20gb hdd from the original xbox 360 from 2005 work on that?

Assuming you mean the newer 4gb slim then no , the drives are totally different.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

****e. Is 4gb storage enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

ps3man wrote: »
    ****e. Is 4gb storage enough?

If you don't play online or want to install games to your HDD then it should be.

A lot of game patches for online nowadays are pretty big. BF3 patches are 1GB+.

If you're an online gamer I would suggest paying the extra money for the 250GB HDD or try to get it online for cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Is it not posssible to remove the casing from the old drive and then use the HDD in the newer models?

Is it not posssible to remove the casing from the old drive and then use the HDD in the newer models?

The newer HDD's are totally different from the old ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

Yes - it's what I'm using. Once you dismantle the outer shell, the physical drive inside is a SATA HDD that can slide right into a slim.

TweekeewT wrote: »
    Yes - it's what I'm using. Once you dismantle the outer shell, the physical drive inside is a SATA HDD that can slide right into a slim.

Really?

Did not know that.

Advertisement