Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Email Hosting

Options
  • 11-10-2012 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hey hoping someone here can help me.
    I was wondering if I wanted to set up a personalized email domain for a company how would I go about doing this. I would want to register with an email web hosting service I am guess and would that let me create email addresses such as PersonalName@MyPersonalDomain.ie
    Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys and Girls

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Hosting talk is not permitted on boards. The only help available on boards on this matter is in this post: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53028341&postcount=2

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ZonarySonic

tricky D wrote: »
    Hosting talk is not permitted on boards. The only help available on boards on this matter is in this post: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53028341&postcount=2

Hey sorry i didn't know you can close this thread or delete it so if its against the policy. Sorry again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

The question could be answered without referring to specific hosting companies.

I looked at 2 hosting company web sites. For example, one hosts email with Microsoft Exchange. The cost is roughly based on the number of email accounts required.

Another idea is to buy a regular hosting package. It will allow you to set up a number of email accounts - the number depends on the hosting package.
    You should ask the hosting company about email diskspace.

Another idea is to use Gmail for business. You change the MX DNS records for your domain to direct emails to Google. Google charge per email account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

There's a free version of Google Apps which allows up to 10 email accounts. Just select the one on the left there. As mentioned, you'll need to register your domain with someone (e.g. register365.com) and then point the MX records at Google. There's a great interactive setup guide once you register with Google Apps.

Any email accounts I set up I almost always use Google Apps. It's very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Register a domain via a registrar
    You can choose between .com .co .me or any of the other domain extensions out there

Once you have the domain name you can get email service either via a hosting provider or via Google Apps

But if you also want to get a blog or whatever you might be better off just getting hosting with the domain name ..

• Advertisement
Advertisement