Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrapin/Turtle advice

Options
  • 11-10-2012 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

The lad/lass in the photo came to me a while ago. It's at least 5 years old. I'm not sure what it is. I'd appreciate if anyone could identify the species.

Doubtless its accomodation is all wrong - though it has lived in it for at least 5 years as I say. Its probably equivalent to how a human could technically survive living in a coal bunker but the quality of existence is rather bleak.

I'm looking to improve the creature's life a little.

All advice welcome.

Terrapin+1.JPG

Terrapin+2.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

you have yourself a yellow belly slider :)

looks like his shell could do with a good clean , there a hardy little species ,
    i take it he is in cold water after living like that ?

hi tank is going to need upgrading , but for not its better than nothing ,

he will need a basking spot and uvb bulb , also some dry land or a turtle dock (or rocks as i see )

pretty simple to care for , feel free to join the group in my sig , theres a guy who runs a turtle sanctuary on it

Advertisement