Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babysitter/creche letterkenny

Options
  • 11-10-2012 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm on maternity leave and due back to work in January. I am waiting to find out what position I am going back to, it could be normal working hours or shift work.. 1-9, 2-10, 3-11 those sort of hours.

So I am wondering if anyone could advise on childcare options, in letterkenny for both normal working hours and shift work. If anyone has contact info and price details for creche or babysitters in the letterkenny area for normal 8-4/ 9-5 hours I would be grateful.

Also if anyone is in or knows of anyone who works shift work and how they manage childcare I would be eager to hear about this. I do not have the option of leaving my son with family so am trying to figure out how to manage if I am doing shift work.

Thanks for any replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

You'll find a listing of all childcare services in the Letterkenny area here. Afaik, most of them run 9 - 6 type hours, I'm not aware of any that do outside of those hours, you'll probably have to ring around to find out.

Your best option for outside of these hours might be a student, who would be available at more 'awkward' times. The LYIT run two Early Childhood Care and Education courses (level 8 and level 6) and there are two providers of Level 5 courses (VEC Adult Ed and Errigal College) in the town. I'm sure some of these students would be glad of a part-time job and the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭catyb20

You'll find a listing of all childcare services in the Letterkenny area here. Afaik, most of them run 9 - 6 type hours, I'm not aware of any that do outside of those hours, you'll probably have to ring around to find out.

Your best option for outside of these hours might be a student, who would be available at more 'awkward' times. The LYIT run two Early Childhood Care and Education courses (level 8 and level 6) and there are two providers of Level 5 courses (VEC Adult Ed and Errigal College) in the town. I'm sure some of these students would be glad of a part-time job and the experience.

The student idea is great however that would mean needing both creche and a student, but it's something i will keep in mind anyway, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

There'a a creche which does out of hours but I can't remember the name of it. It's off the dual carriageway in the direction of the big isle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Technique wrote: »
    There'a a creche which does out of hours but I can't remember the name of it. It's off the dual carriageway in the direction of the big isle.

Is that the wonder year's place? http://www.wonderyearschildcare.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

I think that's the place alright. The website doesn't mention out of hours care but I remember reading in one of the local papers where they had built accomodation for kids who needed to stay overnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭catyb20

Thank you for the replies i will look in to that and if there are any further suggestions that would be great! Hopefully ill find out soon what shift im going back to :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 joasia1973

Catyb, how did it go?

Advertisement