Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can ye take a look and advise please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Will that DVD drive work with that case?
    Looks like it needs a slot loading DVD drive.

EDIT
    Friend pointed me at a slot loading Blu-Ray, (€67 delivered ebay)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Will that DVD drive work with that case?
    Looks like it needs a slot loading DVD drive.

EDIT
    Friend pointed me at a slot loading Blu-Ray, (€67 delivered ebay)

Hmmm...I think your right...Hows the price of it.

How would one eject a disc once its in...looks odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

You can eject from Windows. Right click on the drive in My Computer and Eject comes up in the menu.

You can eject from Windows. Right click on the drive in My Computer and Eject comes up in the menu.

Every days a school day.:cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Since you are splitting the order there is a cheap Sony (DVD) slot loader on HWVS

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/S-ATA/55783/Sony+AD-7800H+Slim+bulk%2C+Slot-In+schwarz.article

Also I think the eject button would probably be the handiest myself lads :p

• Advertisement

marco_polo wrote: »
    Since you are splitting the order there is a cheap Sony (DVD) slot loader on HWVS

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/S-ATA/55783/Sony+AD-7800H+Slim+bulk%2C+Slot-In+schwarz.article

I think the eject button would probably be the handiest myself lads :p

Thats better...
    Take a look at the case...I cant see how you can get access to the eject button.
    There is just a thin slot for the disc to pass through the panel

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

dwighet wrote: »
    Thats better...
    Take a look at the case...I cant see how you can get access to the eject button.
    There is just a thin slot for the disc to pass through the panel

Oh yeah see that now, that an strange one alright, guess they wanted to keep it aesthetically pleasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Out with the dremel so :P

marco_polo wrote: »
    Oh yeah see that now, that an strange one alright, guess they wanted to keep it aesthetically pleasing.

Yeah I like the look of it...Nice and tidy..
    The drive would only get used once every blue moon...

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    Out with the dremel so :P

She can live with it....:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Nice build dwighet, you'll be in the good books for sure :)

Tried to convince my other half to go with a similar build as an xmas present, but it's looking like a trip to Barcelona instead :eek:

glynf wrote: »
    Nice build dwighet, you'll be in the good books for sure :)

Tried to convince my other half to go with a similar build as an xmas present, but it's looking like a trip to Barcelona instead :eek:

Yes im looking forward to putting it together.

Barcelona sounds nice...We were going to do a 10 day drive around the High lands of Scotland in early December but herself landed a job in town recently and cant get the time off so putting some of the holiday coin into this rig for her.
    All I need is to pick up a second hand 680 cheap and when im at her gaf i can play bf3 whilst she is doing the soaps thing:cool:

The case will fit a 10 inch card and the 680 fits the bill..;..

there is method in my madness:confused::confused:

Advertisement