Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Chemistry Question

• 11-10-2012 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey all :)

I went back to repeat my Leaving Cert and I'm doing chemistry this year too. I'm finding it easy enough (before anyone tells me I'm mad for trying to do it in a year) but I'm just curious about one thing.

I have a few friends doing physics at school (I don't like physics which is why I'm doing chemistry) and they told me for physics they have to present their experiment notes in a hardback. Does this apply to chemistry too? I know it doesn't apply to biology but I don't know for chemistry.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

You don't need to give them to the SEC in any of the three sciences, their teacher probably just makes them do it in physics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Apocladagr0

finality wrote: »
    You don't need to give them to the SEC in any of the three sciences, their teacher probably just makes them do it in physics.

Although you don't give them to the SEC, there's a slight chance an inspector will randomly come to your school and check to see if you have the mandatories done - if you have not then they disallow you to sit the exam.

Admittedly it was my physics teacher who told me this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

As the above poster said, if an examiner comes to your school and sees that you don't have the experiments wrote up, you won't be allowed sit the exam. I know for all sciences (biology, chem and physics) you need to have the experiments wrote up in case of an inspector. They aren't sent away or anything to the SEC, as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Random question. Physics and chemistry (combined), is it the same where you have to write up an experiment incase of an inspector, as the other straight sciences? I took up the subject outside of school last year, and nothing was said regarding experiments, etc. :)

Gonna repeat the subject again, triple checking I don't need to write up experiments.. :/

Advertisement