Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household charge

Options
  • 11-10-2012 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Can any one tell me if they paid the household charge in Castlelea estate in Portarlington Co Laois

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

may i ask what difference it makes what estate you live in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

sydthebeat wrote: »
    may i ask what difference it makes what estate you live in?

The estate is unfinished so it may be exempt.

Op if you go onto the household charge website and input your address it will tell you if castlea and lansdowne are exempt - id reckon they might be.

Op I just checked and it's not on the exempt list - yet ballymorris court is??? Strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 newbrook

I rang the council and they said that the estate is in cateroy 1 which means I have to pay even though its not finished and theres no builders on site.I got a letter saying I owe them 127euors.Im wondering if anybody else got it

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nuala0703

A lot of people in Laois got those letters yesterday. No way I'm paying. If you want to contact the Campaign Against Household and Water Taxes, send me pm. We are having a public meeting in O' Loughlin's in Portlaoise 24th Oct at 8pm.

• Advertisement

I dont live in that estate so I dont know but a girl I work with got a letter this morning as well - shes not in castlelea but it looks like Laois Coco sent out a round of letters this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 newbrook

Thanks ill go to that meeting

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dacoll1

A parent just received a letter from Donegal Council telling here that she owes 127 Euro. The brainless civil servants expect her to ring and tell them that she has already paid! Did these morons ever hear of a database? Perhaps they could employ yet another consultant to design a proper one.
    I already paid the charge to avoid her getting these type of demand letters.
    She lives opposite a fly tipping site that the council won't chase a developer over but yet she pays property tax which is then wasted sending out stupid letters.

Advertisement