Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

impossible to find work change path??

Options
  • 11-10-2012 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

i'm a fully qualified social care worker but have it impossible this past year to get full time work. i'm half thinking of looking into getting a possible office job. i'm well handy at typing (learnt to do it on a business course) and am good at organising. anyone have any idea's where is the best place to find office work, where they advertise positions or would i have to do a part time course in it.

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 newtotown

You mean an admin-type job? To be honest, your chances are limited. Every admin job gets dozens if not hundreds of applications -- what do you have on your CV that will give you the edge? You're better of retraining.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭sky2424

mollybird wrote: »
    i'm a fully qualified social care worker but have it impossible this past year to get full time work. i'm half thinking of looking into getting a possible office job. i'm well handy at typing (learnt to do it on a business course) and am good at organising. anyone have any idea's where is the best place to find office work, where they advertise positions or would i have to do a part time course in it.

Many Thanks

Have you considered emmigrating? I know someone who got a social care role in the UK with little experience.

Depends what your priorites are but if social care is what you really want to do, then Id be slow to try and move into admin

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Spam posts deleted.

User KerryK, if you want to officially represent your company here, please contact hello@boards for information.

Advertisement