Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile Desposit Query

Options
  • 11-10-2012 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey,

I am interested in becoming an eircom bill pay customer and am wondering if
    I go ahead and confirm my order with eircom will i have the choice to say no to and cancel the order if they want a deposit that is not affordable for me?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

Gerardc wrote: »
    Hey,

I am interested in becoming an eircom bill pay customer and am wondering if
    I go ahead and confirm my order with eircom will i have the choice to say no to and cancel the order if they want a deposit that is not affordable for me?

Hi Gerardc,

If you choose to place an order and a deposit is required the order is not completed unless the deposit is paid. Therefore you would only have to pay it if you wished to proceed.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Gerardc

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I decided to place an order but didnt realise that I would need to send in passport scans and ultility ones by email. This is awkward and I would rather go in store and give them there and then. Is there anyway I can cancel this order :/

Gerardc wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I decided to place an order but didnt realise that I would need to send in passport scans and ultility ones by email. This is awkward and I would rather go in store and give them there and then. Is there anyway I can cancel this order :/

Hi Gerardc,

If you PM the order number I can organise for your order to be cancelled. Did you make a payment for your phone?

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LNH86

Hi Tony of Emobile,

I recently tried to purchase a mobile phone and bill pay plan with you. After giving all the required money and information, I believed I had made the purchase. However a member of your sales team called me to explain that a further €300 would be required as a deposit with no explanation. Irrelevant of the poor service that has been provided I am interested to know is there some additional information I can provide that will relieve me of having to pay the €300 deposit? What criteria have I failed to meet?

I have read the online forms available on emobile – you have a considerable number of unhappy customers with what would appear to be perfect credit rating (but I can only take their word for it). I myself have had my credit rating checked by the ICB and have a perfect score. In addition my bank as agreed to give me a loan many multiples of the deposit you are asking for. So this begs the question – what type of credit rating are you applying to assess your potential customers, or is it just random names from a hat?

It feels illegal - but i'm sure its not!!!!!

LNH86 wrote: »
    Hi Tony of Emobile,

I recently tried to purchase a mobile phone and bill pay plan with you. After giving all the required money and information, I believed I had made the purchase. However a member of your sales team called me to explain that a further €300 would be required as a deposit with no explanation. Irrelevant of the poor service that has been provided I am interested to know is there some additional information I can provide that will relieve me of having to pay the €300 deposit? What criteria have I failed to meet?

I have read the online forms available on emobile – you have a considerable number of unhappy customers with what would appear to be perfect credit rating (but I can only take their word for it). I myself have had my credit rating checked by the ICB and have a perfect score. In addition my bank as agreed to give me a loan many multiples of the deposit you are asking for. So this begs the question – what type of credit rating are you applying to assess your potential customers, or is it just random names from a hat?

It feels illegal - but i'm sure its not!!!!!

Hi LNH86,

Thanks for taking the time to post this message. When a customer is asked to pay a deposit it is not possible to get the deposit amount altered. If you wish to find out the reason why you have been charged a deposit you will need to send a written request. I can PM the details to you if you wish.

Tony

• Advertisement
Advertisement