Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

glasses and hearing protection

Options
  • 11-10-2012 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

im just wondering what glasses and hearing protection everyone is using? i use pelltor hearing protectors which have the mic in them there great for shooting pistol but cant use them with my 10/22 so have to use the cheap ear plugs that you squash and jam in your ear and i hate them...

my glasses i got from lidl and are hard to use with the ruger.

so im looking for options and there pros and cons

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    im just wondering what glasses and hearing protection everyone is using? i use pelltor hearing protectors which have the mic in them there great for shooting pistol but cant use them with my 10/22 so have to use the cheap ear plugs that you squash and jam in your ear and i hate them...

thanks in advance
    I use the in ear custom made electronic protection, expensive but worth it. I am deaf in one ear so i just use one to protect what I have left, you do not get sweaty ears:eek: As for glasses there are plenty of good brands out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Scalachi

I had custom moulded inner ear defenders done with a filter about 3 years ago in Bisley by Green Leopard, think they cost about 85.00 Sterling, and are great :).

Use them for all shooting except pistol, problem is now i really cant shoot with any over ear protection and only use over ear as a spectator or RO.

Would love to get inner ear electronics, but your talking about 600 ish :(

Most places in Ireland can take moulds and several places do the inner ear protection (but get filters)

Regards

DB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

tommyboy26 wrote: »

thanks in advance
    meant to say check out the napier ear defenders, also using them for a couple years, very good value and does the job perfect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Glasses - Oakley, M Frames - heater style. Always polarized lenses

Hearing - rangework - peltor mickey mouse ears and foam in order to double down in case there is any leakage due to wearing sunglasses.

In the field - Walker's Game Ear/power Muff.

For shooting in low light, dusk, dawn, or night, I use yellow lenses.

Advertisement