Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Podcast app??

Options
  • 11-10-2012 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Can someone tell me whats the best podcast app for the iphone is??
    Sick of using the "podcast" app becaues its usless....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Downcast for me. I use it every day here. Very flexible, supports downloading and streaming, and you can have custom settings per podcast.

€1.59 I think, but read the reviews on iTunes (or look up some reviews on the web) and you will be swayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,563 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Will it download podcasts over 3G? (I think iTunes blocks downloads of over 20mb unless connected to Wi-Fi, or at least it used to)

I agree though, as bad as downloading Podcasts over the phone via iTunes was, the new Podcasts app is just awful

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

Im not really botherd about downloading or streaming them as i dont have wi fi and the 3g on my phone isnt great. Just what something that plays podcasts, il give Downcast a go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭He Who Dares Wins

I use Podkicker, I personally think it's a great little app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I do not see the issue people have with the free podcast one in itunes at all. I find it perfect for what I need and I listen to 3 or 4 podcasts a week. Will be more once the football season kicks off again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

A vote for Podkicker here, too, started using it recently and I think it's pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

Beyondpod, free, perfect app.

• Site Banned Posts: 175 ✭✭jimjimjimmy

Downcast is quality, custom playlists, individual podcast settings, streaming, premium podcasts. Everything the apple podcast app is not.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Use BeyondPod myself. Find it quite good for my needs. Very simple to use and easy to add podcasts to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nate19841

I'll be honest, I think the best podcast app is iTunes own. It has its flaws but it does the job and is continually improving.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I'm using PocketCasts on Android. Fairly happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I use rssradio and absolutely love it. It is perfect in my opinion. I tried the iTunes one when it first came out but hated that you couldn't use playlists properly so never went back. Is that still the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Brewdog

Doggcatcher, very happy with it

Advertisement