Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English short stories!

• 11-10-2012 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

I'm just awful at English, have no imagination and cannot convey any mature insight in my stories... I know there's probably tonnes of threads out there on this but I really want more opinions/tips..

So if anyone has any advice about tackling the short story please do let me know....Even the most basic things, length, intro etc.

Thanking everyone in advance :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

My English teacher ALWAYS advises us not to opt for the short story option in the essays. It's usually the most poorly marked question (not to say all people do bad in this option), but I think it's a really tough option. Maybe you'd be better off trying the personal essay if you don't have much of an imagination (yet everybody has an imagination they can use for English), as you could base your personal essay on a real event that effected you and you learned something from that event.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Glowy

I wouldn't worry, there are only... 2(?) short stories out of all the essay choices, they're not something you have to be good at to do well in English.
    I'm dire at them too, so I haven't written one since 2nd year. Personal essays/articles 4eva :cool:

Advertisement