Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.17 henry lever action

Options
  • 11-10-2012 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

A friend of mine has left a deposit on one of the above. What do ye think of them? he intends to fit it with a scope. Has any of you done this ? advise on scope welcome. Can they be fitted with a moderator?(ammo tube underneath)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 salarluttra

i think there were problems with .17 stuff and tubular mags , there should be no problems putting a scope on a lever action i had a 22 mag with one on back in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Are the tips of a v-max bullet of the .17 at risk of being damaged all stacked end to end in a tube?
    wouldn't be an issue with .22 since they have a round head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

It's not going to make a difference in a rimfire there is no recoil and no primer in the center of the cartridge to hit. they would'nt be selling them if it was going to explode like a pipe bomb in your hands.
    If however you loaded a normal 308 spitzer round into a 3030 then you will have problems if you load more than one in the mag. But they probable would'nt feed as the oal would be different. Fine to feed one by one or one in the mag one in the chamber though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I was on about point on the plastic point losing its shape pressing against the end of the next case. The plastic heads of the .17 vmax are easily damaged which effects accuracy

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ruger1894c

A friend of mine has one and theres no problem with feed or accuracy..he has a zeiss on his and it came with a rail for mounting and all..as far as mod is concerned id say it would be difficult as feed tube comes up lenth of barrel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

I have inquired about threading my lever action and it should be easy enough to do all you would need to do is shorten the magazine tube a bit, Which would'nt make much difference as the henrey's have a 12 round mag tube so would need to be plugged anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

garv123 wrote: »
    I was on about point on the plastic point losing its shape pressing against the end of the next case. The plastic heads of the .17 vmax are easily damaged which effects accuracy

correct

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Sparkey84

Was wondering does anyone know the price for a 17 henry lever?

Advertisement