Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very slow speed with Imagine Irish Boradband

• 11-10-2012 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello

I live in the Dumdrum area and have been using Irish Broadband Imagine Breeze for a number of years , more or less without problems, I don't do online gaming and stuff like that. I mainly use the connection for work and I'm not downloading much stuff. Over the last couple of weeks the service has been very very flakey. At times I have a downloload speed of 5 MB/s but most times especially in the afternoon Speedtest and Thinkbroadband tools show a speed of around 200 Kb/s sometimes less, websites access is extremely slow or times out and the VPN connection to the office eventually drops. I tested two laptops directly to the aerial (to exclude issues with the wireless router and laptop hardware) same problem. The Imagine support says they don't see any problem between the two endpoints (my aerial and their gateway) so I don't know how to fix this issue and I'm unable to work from home with such poor connection. Since I have UPC TV already and my area is covered by UPC fiber I was thinking to canceling the contract with IBB and joining UPC Broadband. Does anybody have better experience with UPC in the area? I was thinking of availing of one of the new packages on offer now, how long will it take to be active once I order it ? In the curernt situation I have to drive to the office which is about 35Km from where I live just becuse IBB is so slow. I tried to work from home today but it was very bad, very frustrating. Also I hope I don't have to pay any penalties if I leave IBB , I think it's only if someone cancels the contract in the first year before 12 months have elapsed.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Hi

You are not liable to any cancellation fees if your contract is past the initial 12 month period with any company (Imagine are no exception). So if you have the IBB Breeze service over a year then by all means move to UPC (At least you get the speeds you ask for from them). All you have to do is serve 30 days notice. If your phone service is part of the Breeze package then get it ported/moved over to UPC also.

As for Breeze Imagine seem to be leaning more towards their WiMax product. A friend of mine here in Naas had the Breeze package but terminated it when the quality of service started getting bad. He now has Vodafone DSL (as UPC is not available where he actually lives) and it does what he wants. If UPC was available however he would have it.

So by all means make the switch sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 malpes180

Thanks a lot Cunnijo,

I switched to UPC last week, glad to have cancel IBB

Maleps180

Advertisement