Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid for goods NOT received

Options
  • 11-10-2012 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

Hi paid for good with cash to their bank account told for weeks and weeks for them not a sign then asked for my money to be refunded big amount and only a fraction was put through my pay pal account weeks later STILL waiting on my money have no idea on what to do next I've put a disput on line with them at the minute....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

How exactly did you pay them? You mention both cash and Paypal

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Hi ya I paid cash into there bank account I offered to pay with my pay pal account but said no they have to track the transactions odd!!! But they sent me a bit of my refund by their pay pal account waitin weeks for it unbelievable even the bank can't spdo anything about it was on an Irish web site I bought from!!!!! Thanks

They sent me there bank details so I walked into the bank and lodged it to them???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

So how did you start a dispute ?
    Paypal?

Don't think I can as I didn't pay them through my pay pal account but they sent some of my refund through their pay pal account??? Can I start a dispute even though I didn't send the cash through them??? Owed about €200 Jesus terrible terrible thing to go and do

• Advertisement

Waiting about 8 weeks all there saying be in tomorrow be in soon unreal

Was this a private sale ?

No wouldn't think so as there still selling on this site so one people Are buying from them

Can you post a link to their business website then?

Surely they have proper refund procedures put in place .

Great site I bought from have gotten on to them about this don't know if I can name them can I pm you maybe

• Advertisement

Yeap, send the PM

Pm sent

and replied

Right back at ya huge thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I hope you kept the deposit slip for the lodgement. Do you have a receipt/invoice for the goods?

Under consumer law you have to be refunded in the manner in which you paid. Alternatively, they can offer another option, but you can decline.

Realistically, if they are not refunding you, the best thing to do is go down the Small Claims Court route. First write a registered letter to the supplier, outlining the fact that you have not received your goods and/or refund, despite several efforts on your part. Give them XX working days to resolve the issue to your satisfaction. Tell them that if it is not resolved, you will be initiating a Small Claims Court case to retrieve your funds.

Hints yes I've kept the lodgement receipt/stub see its a tricky one as they don't have a name there just selling under a persons name on this Irish website if written to trading standards and explained my situation just waiting on word back. Don't even know the supplier ah my heads wrecked terrible dirty act to do very annoyed must say

Advertisement