Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you dictate to your friends what they can and can't do?

• 11-10-2012 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭

My friends are my friends because of who they are. I don't try to change them. They are there own people and I enjoy the variety they bring to my life.

For instance, one of my friends jogs along the road...she could be abducted or knocked down :eek:, but she is old enough to make her own decisions, so I leave her at it..

Another friend drinks 2 cans every night and sometimes more on the weekends :eek: liver failure is a possibility but I leave them at it

One of my friends doesn't go to mass every morning, they are obviously going straight to hell :rolleyes: but it's their choice

I don't nag them to change to suit my agenda, do you or do you have any friends that nag you to change your ways to suit their agenda?

Do you nag your friends about their lifestyle? 2 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Boombastic wrote: »

One of my friends doesn't go to mass every morning

Oh no :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Another friend drinks 2 cans every night and sometimes more on the weekends :eek: liver failure is a possibility but I leave them at it

I don't nag them to change to suit my agenda, do you or do you have any friends that nag you to change your ways to suit their agenda?

That's a nice wee qualifier there, 'to suit your agenda'. When your friend is clearly drinking too much you should say it to them because you are concerned about their health.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

Thinly veiled "I have friends" thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

One of them used to bang on a lot about new agey type stuff... she's into chakras and levitation and all that. Which is fine, I briefly went through a phase like that but she tends to drive people bananas if they're not used to her vibe :D

She's off to live in a commune in Thailand soon, I will miss her an awful lot, mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Oh no :eek:

I know, but I don't think it's my place to condemn her, let her be judged at the pearly gates:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I give advice. I don't 'dictate what they can and can't do!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

stimpson wrote: »
    Thinly veiled "I have friends" thread.

Go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Yes, now shut up and finish my tea, my friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

I do because I'm a cunt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Linked to the smoking weed every night thread? Coincidence? I think not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

my short hand is not the best.

Funglegunk wrote: »
    That's a nice wee qualifier there, 'to suit your agenda'. When your friend is clearly drinking too much you should say it to them because you are concerned about their health.

2 cans a night "clearly drinking too much", that is your opinion. Here is some scientific research that says otherwise.

Three beers a day keep the doctor away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

2 cans a night "clearly drinking too much", that is your opinion. Here is some scientific research that says otherwise.

Three beers a day keep the doctor away

From your own OP:

Guess I should have just ignored that then yeah?

Funglegunk wrote: »
    From your own OP:

Guess I should have just ignored that then yeah?

Well anything is possible, I mean, they could cut their lip on the can and bleed to death

I am not a doctor, as you may have guessed :D, that is why I don't dispense medical advice to my friends

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Lots of troll threads lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Andy!! wrote: »
    Lots of troll threads lately.

yes I stopped it lately (while I never knew what I was doing) I was told I would get kicked so hard in the balls that it would leave me with a superior adams apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kwack

A friend of mine plays his ps3 constantly. He might go to bed at 7 am then gets up and plays for about 18 hours straight then bed again. He has done this since he left school (29 and has never really worked). I try and get him off it long enough to go for a few beers at the weekend but it's his life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Kwack wrote: »
    A friend of mine plays his ps3 constantly. He might go to bed at 7 am then gets up and plays for about 18 hours straight then bed again. He has done this since he left school (29 and has never really worked). I try and get him off it long enough to go for a few beers at the weekend but it's his life!

So he has a PS3 since he left school in 2001? :confused:

If you were really his friend you would smash the PS and drag him outside for some fresh air some exercise, afterall that's what would be best for him and his health

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Course not. Well if they were doing something that was harmful to themselves or others I might try and steer them away from it but otherwise its their life, they can do what they want. There are enough people in this world whos profession it is to make your life a misery, why would you want a "friend" who adds to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

He probably can't afford a few beers after the price of games and electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kwack

Should've been clearer but didn't realise someone would be so pedantic. He now plays ps3 before that ps2 before that ps1. Hope that clears it up for you.
    Yeah he had a gf(believe it or not haha) she smashed it up he went nuts and broke up with her. As I said it's his life to live whether or not he is wasting it away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I stop my friends doing some things and they stop me doing some things. We reason it out, it's not arbitrary. My friends are my friends because I value them as people and their opinions.

I stop my friends doing some things and they stop me doing some things. We reason it out, it's not arbitrary. My friends are my friends because I value them as people and their opinions.

Do you nag them until they submit to your wishes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Internet Hero

the only time i eva told a freind what to do was this guy colm in school (name changed u will see why :D)

every once in a while he would take a month off ****. he would get mad depresed and he was always complainin about his nuts being sore because of how much cum he was storing up and how it was torcher to not be able to have a ****. he would do it at presure times too like around exams and things and he didnt have a girlfriend or go out to clubs so he was not getting the cum out at all. i had a sit down with him and talked him through it like about psycology and biology of being a man and told him to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭MvsC3

Could care less what my friends do or dont do, as long as its not hard drugs or bustin a chubby on my floor, we'll all get along fine, probably

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

the only time i eva told a freind what to do was this guy colm in school (name changed u will see why :D)

every once in a while he would take a month off ****. he would get mad depresed and he was always complainin about his nuts being sore because of how much cum he was storing up and how it was torcher to not be able to have a ****. he would do it at presure times too like around exams and things and he didnt have a girlfriend or go out to clubs so he was not getting the cum out at all. i had a sit down with him and talked him through it like about psycology and biology of being a man and told him to stop.

You gave him a hand then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Internet Hero

You gave him a hand then.

im not gay. i would maybe offer him a girl

• Advertisement

offer him a girl:D

Brilliant, which of these would you like to help you with your "problem"

im not gay. i would maybe offer him a girl

Offer him a girl, brilliant, so there's Sarah here, hands are a bit dry but plenty of experience. Now Jane is new but very keen, the choice is yours:)

Advertisement