Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

muscle builden and diet

• 11-10-2012 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

i have been lifting weights for about 9 months and i am not getting any bigger i am in the gym 3 times a week and wat foods should i be eating and wat should i be drinking i have been taking a bit of creatine and i am only 17 people keep telling me about diet i find it really hard to do this as i dont have the money to be buying loads of meat can any one give me an example of a diet or help me with this i find it really hard to diet i always end up eating junk food :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 robertt55

robertt55 wrote: »
    i have been lifting weights for about 9 months and i am not getting any bigger i am in the gym 3 times a week and wat foods should i be eating and wat should i be drinking i have been taking a bit of creatine and i am only 17 people keep telling me about diet i find it really hard to do this as i dont have the money to be buying loads of meat can any one give me an example of a diet or help me with this i find it really hard to diet i always end up eating junk food :(
    i am in the gym about 4 times a week now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Could you give us an example of what your daily diet is please and we can advise you from there

thanks and i dont really diet to be honest i want to start i do just eat oatmeal befor the gym and a protein shake or tuna and pasta after it know this is a really bad diet i really need help with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Since you said you dont have much money for meats etc try

Breakfast

Cereal,banana,protein shake

Lunch
    Tuna sandwich Glass of apple/orange juice

Dinner
    Grilled chicken fillet broccoli and some pasta

Evening snack
    Tin of sardines or protein bar with some fruit for example something small

Drink 1-2 litres of water a day spread out

Its not perfect but gives you an example of a decent diet

Aim for a 2 grams of protein per kg of your weight daily if you want to build muscle

Leave takeaways bad food etc as a treat to have every second weekend

Have a protein shake and some oats after gym and you should be good

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭fearcruach

A cheap and easy way to get extra calories into your diet is milk. Plenty protein and plenty calories.

Make sure you're doing the main lifts (Squat, deadlift, bench press, overhead press, pullups etc) and eating plenty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭martomcg

fearcruach wrote: »
    A cheap and easy way to get extra calories into your diet is milk. Plenty protein and plenty calories.

Make sure you're doing the main lifts (Squat, deadlift, bench press, overhead press, pullups etc) and eating plenty.

+1
    Best advice for someone your age.

Personally i think to make sure you're hitting your legs properly! Good leg workouts will help release hormones that will help the rest of your body grow.

After your workouts make sure your meal/shake has plenty of carbs too. A mix of 33% protein / 66% carbs is best for over all growth and recovery.

thanks for the help so should i follow this diet and would u say i would see some results

Advertisement