Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Connector for Sky Customers €12.99

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

What is the on demand service? Is it like Sky Anytime? Is it only available to HD customers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

This is a stupid question but can I not just plug my ethernet cable into the sky box and have the on demand service?

Do I really need the box or is it just so it's wireless?

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

I ordered this 2 weeks ago and still no sign of it. How long does it usually take to be delivered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

I ordered this 2 weeks ago and still no sign of it. How long does it usually take to be delivered?

Ordered on Monday arrived Wednesday for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭dmaprelude

Tayla wrote: »
    This is a stupid question but can I not just plug my ethernet cable into the sky box and have the on demand service?

Do I really need the box or is it just so it's wireless?

yes you can just plug in your ethernet cable :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭hairynipple

It doesnt connect automatically. I keep having to connect manually. Very annoying. Any way of getting it to remember WEP Key??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

If I have sky multi room will it be available to my 2nd box
    My router is very close to the 2nd box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

I've binned mine already (well packed away in the cupboard)
    Not only does it rape my internet data allowance, its not the fastest.

I've just cabled up instead now IF I really need to use it so much quicker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I connected my Sky box via a really long Ethernet cable to see if it's worth getting the wireless connection (router in seperate room)..

.. girlfriend downloaded a 10 minute Log Fire video - was painfully slow to download, 150MB in size and horrid quality.

Pass...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Can anyone tell me, after they connected up the box how long it took for the On Demand programmes to show up under the On Demand header. I got my box yesterday, connected everything up as it said but all that is showing under the On Demand header is maybe 10 programmes that were there beforehand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭Sikpupi

Mine won't connect to my wireless router.

Ya- I have an Eircom Netopia wireless router and I just cant get the Wireless Box to connect. I get to put in the 16 (maybe its more) digit code for the router access but then can't connect.

Am just fed up with it now and have moved on leaving it unplugged.

Advertisement