Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Josephs clonmel

Options
  • 11-10-2012 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi I'm on my 1st pg due in 2 days and just wondering what the procedure is for labor as in how many to a room post labor and during contractions etc as my scans and check ups have been in my local health clinic and have not been offered a visit to the ward

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Hi, I had my baby there 4 weeks ago. It's 6 to a room in a ward but they were never full when I was there. Was only 3 in my room most of the time. Big tip is bring ear plugs for the first night after baby. Nurses will take baby to nursery so you can get proper rest but other babies will keep you awake. Ear plugs were a God send!

Labour ward has three beds. You will be left in your own bed in the normal 6 in a bed ward until your labour has progressed. Then move to labour ward, Then you are moved into a delivery room with just one bed.

Hope the info helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Supa which yard has 6beds? I was in 3times over the pregnancy and in 3different rooms and all only had 4beds in them,

I had my baby there 7weeksp ago had the ward to myself for the 1st day was nice, I laboured in my ward till I wanted pain relief, then into the private labour ward to give birth in, there is a room where they will
    monitor you with 4beds in st too and then there is a private room for you to give birth in, staff there are lovely too but shout when you want pain relief before and after x

Best of luck, hope all goes well for you x

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

I had babies there in 2010 and 2011.

There was four beds in the room I was in. Somehow i ended up in the same room, and same bed on both.
    My deliveries were fast so i went into the labour ward to be checked to see if i was in labour.
    There were 4 beds in that room.
    When i was checked and they saw i was 4cm and 7cm they had me run across to the delivery room.
    Both times they didn't believe me when i said i thought i was in labour, the told me i had a kidney infection. I had very quick labours, (80mins and 20mins from start to finish), i had no hospital back, labour bag, nothing. They were great.

My preference for delivery room is the one on the left at the very end. I would ask for that one if it is free. It's more private.
    After giving birth i was back in the ward straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Supa which yard has 6beds? I was in 3times over the pregnancy and in 3different rooms and all only had 4beds in them,

I had my baby there 7weeksp ago had the ward to myself for the 1st day was nice, I laboured in my ward till I wanted pain relief, then into the private labour ward to give birth in, there is a room where they will
    monitor you with 4beds in st too and then there is a private room for you to give birth in, staff there are lovely too but shout when you want pain relief before and after x

Best of luck, hope all goes well for you x

I was in number 6 I think. Maybe there was only 4 beds. It seemed like more but come to think of it it might have only been 4. Was in there 3 times during pregnancy and can barely even remember to be honest. Don't think I want to! :-) Was on the medical ward too back at 11 weeks so prob getting confused with that. Definatly 6 beds there and I was private that time! Crazy system.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

Thinking back again you are right. There was 6 beds in my one too. First time only one girl in with me. Second time there was 4. My baby was sick when born so when she was leaving SCBU a few weeks later there were 3 in the room. I was room 6 each time. The one with the toilets directly across.

• Advertisement
Advertisement