Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Riser kit choices!

• 11-10-2012 8:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭

Hey Lads,

Ive had my nose buried in forums all day reading up on various riser kits for my sv. Heli-Bars look good but i dont think they will give enough extra height.

LSL conversion kit seems good but its pretty expensive and doesnt come with bars, you gotta buy them seperate.

A lad on one forum pointed me towards this:

http://www.topyokes.com/comfort_kit/331

Looks pretty good to me. What you guys think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Forgot to post the lsl kit.
    Some places call it a superbike kit, others call it a riser kit and some call it a superbike riser kit. Im pretty sure its all the one thing.

http://www.intobikes.co.uk/products/000279/006756/LSL-Superbike-Kit-suitable-for-Suzuki-SV1000S-K7-2007

Hard to tell if that comes with everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

goodlad wrote: »
    Hey Lads,

Ive had my nose buried in forums all day reading up on various riser kits for my sv. Heli-Bars look good but i dont think they will give enough extra height.

LSL conversion kit seems good but its pretty expensive and doesnt come with bars, you gotta buy them seperate.

A lad on one forum pointed me towards this:

http://www.topyokes.com/comfort_kit/331

Looks pretty good to me. What you guys think?
    Why not just stick riser blocks on the top yoke and a set of superbike bars?
    You'll have to budget for the cabling and brakes but a set of risers and bars is less than the top yoke on its own.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Why not just stick riser blocks on the top yoke and a set of superbike bars?
    You'll have to budget for the cabling and brakes but a set of risers and bars is less than the top yoke on its own.

Well the reason i didnt think of doing that is because i havent a notion about this stuff and what can and cant be dont to the bike. I just spent the day googling on how to rise the bars and all that seemed to be mentioned was a lsl kit and a few other kits like it. :o

goodlad wrote: »
    Can they just go straight on? Then replace any cables that dont have enough slack?

Any ideas which ones i get? 25mm or 35mm?
    Edit: You need the superbike comfort kit. Thats the best way.
    The comfort kit looks pretty reasonable, considering its complete with lines and cables.
    Otherwise you need some way of fitting normal 22mm bars to the top yoke.
    You could buy some variobars which are adjustable and still use the stock top yoke.

• Advertisement

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I can't tell what would be better, generally the further back they are the more comfortable.
    If it was me I'd probably go for the 35mm ones, and a set of the alu bars not the steel ones.

Im being told on a sv forum that i cant just slap those clamps on.
    They would only work for a naked SV and not a SVs :(

see my modified post above^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

well, any clamps you're going to have to drill the top yoke to fit em - presume thats why they say they wont just slap on?

is the sv650n top yoke + bar combo a possibility?

Wossack wrote: »
    well, any clamps you're going to have to drill the top yoke to fit em - presume thats why they say they wont just slap on?

is the sv650n top yoke + bar combo a possibility?

Yeah from what i know you can drill the oem yoke to take the clamps.
    I guess drilling them is an option for someone if they know what they are doing, personally i wouldnt have a clue.

I seen a few posts about a BanditMania handlebar conversion kit. The yoke with that comes make with the holes to take clamps. Although supposedly rerouting the cables in a nightmare with it.

As for the sv650n top yoke and bars im not sure. I guess if the yoke from a 650n would fit straight onto my 1000s then i could just get clamps straight onto it. It would all depends if the yoke is the same size and can just be swapped over that handy :confused:

Just a bit of an update!

After considering a lsl superbike kit, helibars and a few other options i have more of less decided to go with Apex Adjustable riser clipons.

I guess if i adjust them too much i will have issues hitting the fairing but sure i just wont adjust them that high.

Now i just have to figure out the mm of the forks on a sv so i know what size clamps to order with these... lol. Anyone know?

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=7662

• Advertisement

Think they're 41mm, but double check with a ruler/measure on your own bike

Wossack wrote: »
    Think they're 41mm, but double check with a ruler/measure on your own bike

If im even 1mm off the stuff wont fit. Its a bit of a pain in the hole.
    I will try get a hold of a calipers to get an accurate reading.

just from a cursory google session there it is looking like stock 41mm for the sv650, 46mm for the sv1000, all model years

but yea prob your best bet to be 100% - bike may have had a fork swap, or something non-standard etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Hope it all works out for you Gary...let me know when you fitting the gear.

Im hopefully gonna have everything except the new clipons for this weekend.
    I will find out on thursday if the fairings and rack will be here for the weekend.

Gonna be heading over to Andys (my local bike place) to get everything onto the bike. Really looking forward to seeing it all done. Most of the stuff i ordered is just small stuff for the aesthetic value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Take a few pics before and after....and get out on a spin too.

Advertisement