Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper1

• 11-10-2012 8:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

I've just started 5th year, but I'm concerned that my class wont be practising enough essay composition pieces. Is there anywhere online that I can post up my short stories/essays and get them critiqued? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mazahacka

xLisaBx, I'm in 6th year, and we never even started looking at the essays / short stories. And we're in top class in one of the best schools in the country, LOL.

Such a website would be quite useful for me as well, if it exists XD

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭missguided

I'd recommend Wattpad, it's a site where amateur writers post their work and others can read or critique it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

If you've just started 5th year give your English teacher a chance, a lot of teachers don't get into paper 1 stuff until 6th year, if your that worried about it, talk to your teacher or just give essays to your teacher on the side, it's their job so they should be more than obliging to correct them for you. The danger with online sites like wattpad is most of the time your getting unprofessional critiques who dont know the leaving cert system, so what they think is brilliant could be terrible in the eyes of a corrector. Try your english teacher and if you don't get on with them, ask the teacher you had for junior cert, or another english teacher in the school, apart from a few, most teachers tend to be very helpful and nice :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

I wouldn't worry too much about paper 1 just yet. Paper 2 is the bigger challenge as you have to know your main text, comparatives and at least 5 poets minimum :P
    Paper 1 is good in a way to gain marks as it is really just based on your creativity with the English language rather than learning off facts and quotes. Thats why teachers but more of an emphsis on paper 2 as they are looking for key information off you. It is somewhat like this in paper 1 but they want to see how you approach the question more

Advertisement