Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question : Drumcondra to Stephens Green

Options
  • 11-10-2012 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

Hi all,

Potentially moving into a place in Drumcondra, directly opposite Croke Park called the Cornmill. I'm working on Stephens Green, lower lesson street.

What's the quickest way to get to work? Bus number? How long and how much? Don't fancy cycling in the winter months.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

go up clonliffe road about 5 min walk from where you are living and catch the 16 which will drop you off at harcourt police HQ or cuffe street etc

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭JoeCole26

go up clonliffe road about 5 min walk from where you are living and catch the 16 which will drop you off at harcourt police HQ or cuffe street etc

How long does the 16 take usually? And jammed in the mornings? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

wouldnt really take long, traffice once on dorset st and oconnell st, georges st etc is no problem -would say around 15 minutes on a bus perhaps 20 if particularly busy, should have no problem getting a seat on the bus

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

JoeCole26 wrote: »
    Don't fancy cycling in the winter months
    Jesus Joe, I don't want to sound smart but it's St Stephen's Green - not Enniscorthy. I wouldn't have warmed-up in that distance! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Jesus Joe, I don't want to sound smart but it's St Stephen's Green - not Enniscorthy. I wouldn't have warmed-up in that distance! :D

Maybe it's not the distance, but the state of the roads in the winter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Maybe it's not the distance, but the state of the roads in the winter?
    Ah FFS. We're talking about some of the most cosseted roads in the state. It's not as if he's coming round the back of Muckish Mountain. What next - the Ice Road Truckers on the Drumcondra to Stephen's Green pass?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

err...the quickest way would be to walk, sure its only up the road;)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭fishtastico

You could take the DART to Pearse from Drumcondra

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Walking is probably the quickest way to get there surely, especially at peak times?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭JoeCole26

Walking is probably the quickest way to get there surely, especially at peak times?

According to Google Maps it would take 50mins to walk!?? its about a 5km walk.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

JoeCole26 wrote: »
    According to Google Maps it would take 50mins to walk!?? its about a 5km walk.

Google maps times are walking at your grannys rate, so it would take about 25 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

In order of effectiveness;

11 bus
    walk
    16 bus

• Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭markpb

Dord wrote: »
    In order of effectiveness;

11 bus
    walk
    16 bus

Shouldn't that be

cycling
    bus 11 | 16
    walk
    Train

?
    irishbird wrote: »
    Google maps times are walking at your grannys rate, so it would take about 25 mins.

There's absolutely no way you'd walk from Drumcondra to St. Stephens Green in 25 minutes. Google maps might be a bit slow but you'd need a jetpack to do what you're suggesting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

I used to walk from rathmines to drumcondra and it would take me one hour. 25 mins is totally doable from drumcondra to Stephens green

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

You'd be quicker walking down to Ballybough Road and getting the 123 bus. The buses are every 10 minutes and they get busy enough around Ballybough but there's always seats if you get on at the first stop in Ballybough (which is the closest one to you I think). You'll be on D'olier St/Dame St in 10/15 minutes and then you'll have about a 10 minute walk from there. So about a 5-minute walk from your house, a 15 minute bus journey and then another 10 minute walk.

Same for coming home, get on the 123 at Dame Street, there are always plenty of seats if you get on at that stop, and you'll be in Ballybough in 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

It's a 2.3 mile walk door to door, easily achievable in 30 minutes.

(via Summerhill, Aimens Street, IFSC, Westland Row, Merrion Sq, etc...,)

Advertisement