Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"HUGE" Gig to be confirmed tomorrow morning on Today FM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Ultravox..:)

Hardly a big announcement would it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

Rush..............:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Bill Cullen

That makes no sense !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

SO WHO IS IT??? Was it not supposed to be announced today, if its not announced tonight well completely disregard it, nothing is getting announced BENITO the end.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

SO WHO IS IT??? Was it not supposed to be announced today, if its not announced tonight well completely disregard it, nothing is getting announced BENITO the end.

It's on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Metallica......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Metallica......

Hahaha, do you EVER get tired of being wrong every time you call Metallica for a big gig here!!

scudzilla wrote: »
    Hahaha, do you EVER get tired of being wrong every time you call Metallica for a big gig here!!

LOL. Pearl Jam are supposedly touring again...........? Or maybe it could be Soundgarden?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced it'll be the Rolling Stones

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

LOL. Pearl Jam are supposedly touring again...........? Or maybe it could be Soundgarden?

Alongside The Big 4 no doubt ;)

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Alongside The Big 4 no doubt ;)

LOL. I don't think the Big 4 are touring atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Not sure if No Doubt would be considered big enough, but they're always a possibility..

Avox wrote: »
    Not sure if No Doubt would be considered big enough, but they're always a possibility..

Meh. Today FM's and our idea's of a huge gig could be entirely different tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Meh. Today FM's and our idea's of a huge gig could be entirely different tbh.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.. No Doubt are announcing a UK show soon, so it could be a possibility of them, even if they're not as big as it's hyped to be..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

The Rolling Stones celebrating 50 years this year, just released a new song "Doom and Gloom" (compilation album to follow).

The stars are aligning...

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    The Rolling Stones celebrating 50 years this year, just released a new song "Doom and Gloom" (compilation album to follow).

The stars are aligning...

It is the Rolling Stones. Just seen an ad pop up on Facebook.

Ah jaysus. I are disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

IT HAS TO BE THE RETURN OF OXEGEN!!!!!!!

IF THEY DONT ANNOUNCE IT SOON IT WONT BE ON AGAIN NEXT YEAR,

No will they announce the gig after christmas, they will have ro relay on people buying tickets for presents.....

Hearing it here first ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I would laugh if it was the spice girls comeback tour haha

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I would laugh if it was the spice girls comeback tour haha

I'd actually go and see that. The tension between those girls is too much to miss. The olympic thing was cringey!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id be happy with No Doubt but dont think it will be them . Id say Rolling Stones is the strongest bet although if love if it was PJ

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Did you grab a screen cap or do you know what it said?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

I hope you are right. Would love to finally get to tick the Stones off my list. Did the ad say what venue? I hope it's not Slane again. Landsdowne or Croker but I'd like a change from Slane.

How can Ian Dempsey claim The Stones are on the same level as Coldplay in terms of record sales though? The Stones have sold over 300M -Coldplay probably less than 60M? And in terms of ticket sales - the only band in The Stones league is U2 who now hold the record for the biggest tour of all time. I wonder will the Stones aim to overtake them?

Did you grab a screen cap or do you know what it said?

Didn't get a screen cap sorry. Think it said something like "Be The First To Get a ticket for Rolling Stones Irish Date."

• Registered Users Posts: 38,429 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ah sure why not. Rolling stones summer 2013.

Hopefully it will be in the Aviva or Croke park. dont fancy a slane date (But sadly i think it will be in slane :()

I have it on good authority its a reformed Jam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Pearl Jam or The Jam?

FanadMan wrote: »
    Pearl Jam or The Jam?

The Jam

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Are you sure about that? I just think a reformation of The Jam is very unlikely. It would be great if it did happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Suas11 wrote: »
    Are you sure about that? I just think a reformation of The Jam is very unlikely. It would be great if it did happen.

Agree - would love to see them live. And see all the mods now with paunches and grey hair lol. But couldn't really see them reforming - supposed to have been some bad blood there :(

Advertisement