Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"HUGE" Gig to be confirmed tomorrow morning on Today FM

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

The Jam

It's so not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Just announced The Killers next Feb. Bit disappointing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Don't believe the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I reckon tickets will disappear in minutes??
    I've never seen them live and I definitely want to see them.
    The Ticketmaster and MCD announcements on Facebook says presale this Friday at 8, tickets from 49 to 52 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Jesus. What an anticlimax. Three days waiting for that?
    I gave up on The Killers after they cancelled (not even postponed) their Point show a few years ago, and rubbed salt in the wound by appearing at some MTV event two nights later.

And another thing... not that I really give a s**t about either act, but according to the OP, Today FM said that the band was "... not Coldplay, but an act of equal status and record sales". My friend Wikipedia says that Coldplay have sold 55 million records, and The Killers have sold 15 million.

The only act that would have been even more of a non-event would have been Red Hot Chili Peppers.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Seriously underwhelmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭_Lola_

Oh good. So now I can wait for Slane to announce Coldplay for 2013. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

jamieh wrote: »
    Just announced The Killers next Feb. Bit disappointing!

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

A huge announcement?? That barely classifies as an announcement.. they've played here almost every year since the first album ffs...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

They hyped their show, load of people fell into it and gave them publicity and there will be no real consequences to doing so by not delivering on that hype. Guess what? They'll do it again. Solution.. ban hype threads from gigs & events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

For a minute I was thinking maybe it would be Boards of Canada. Then I realised It's Today FM who revel in mainstream mediocrity. So you sheep get what you deserve = The Killers

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Toast wrote: »
    They hyped their show, load of people fell into it and gave them publicity and there will be no real consequences to doing so by not delivering on that hype. Guess what? They'll do it again. Solution.. ban hype threads from gigs & events.

Great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

The Rolling Stones just announced 2 dates in the O2 London - so would consider that a proper announcement if they were playing here too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭bren2001

Jesus. What an anticlimax. Three days waiting for that?
    I gave up on The Killers after they cancelled (not even postponed) their Point show a few years ago, and rubbed salt in the wound by appearing at some MTV event two nights later.

And another thing... not that I really give a s**t about either act, but according to the OP, Today FM said that the band was "... not Coldplay, but an act of equal status and record sales". My friend Wikipedia says that Coldplay have sold 55 million records, and The Killers have sold 15 million.

The only act that would have been even more of a non-event would have been Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Brandon has bronchitis and they couldnt reschedule due to the US commitments. It was also 6 years ago, no need to hold a grudge....

I'm personally chuffed, cant wait to see them again. Really enjoyed their o2 gig in 2009, best I've seen them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

NIBBS wrote: »
    The Rolling Stones just announced 2 dates in the O2 London - so would consider that a proper announcement if they were playing here too

It'll be a real disappointment if The Stones do the O2 in Dublin, 13000 capacity is not near enough what the demand will be (unless they do 3 nights!).

I reckon the Stones in Croker would be an unbelievable gig, although if its in Nov like the London gigs, it could be a bit bitter out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    It'll be a real disappointment if The Stones do the O2 in Dublin, 13000 capacity is not near enough what the demand will be (unless they do 3 nights!).

I reckon the Stones in Croker would be an unbelievable gig, although if its in Nov like the London gigs, it could be a bit bitter out.

They will just do these indoor shows followed by big outdoor shows next summer , e.g. Glastonbury

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

With ticket prices starting at 150Euro going up to 600Euro then you'll be grand

(Only comparing ticket prices to London O2 shows, can't see us being cheaper)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

scudzilla wrote: »
    With ticket prices starting at 150Euro going up to 600Euro then you'll be grand

(Only comparing ticket prices to London O2 shows, can't see us being cheaper)

€150????????????
    are you serious?!
    Disgraceful... even for the stones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Yeah that's only the prices for the standard tickets - VIP Tickets are £950+

Everyone has their limits and I just think they're over mine, I'd be even less interested in paying stupid money for an outdoor gig.....

The £90 tickets are only for the cheap seats :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

So who is playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

If you tried for one ticket for London last night in one of the Stones pre-sales, you couldn't do so. You were obliged to buy two tickets, as part of a bundle package which also included a copy of the "Brussels Affair" official bootleg. Any half-decent pair of seats (and I use the term loosely) would cost you £1,350, or EUR 1,670.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

cena wrote: »
    So who is playing.

The Killers......underwhelming or what!!!!???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

The GAA is only allowed hold three concerts in Croke Park a year, so the Stones this year isn't a possibility.

I don't see them playing Glastonbury, seen as how the London shows are dearer than the whole weekend.

karaokeman wrote: »
    The GAA is only allowed hold three concerts in Croke Park a year, so the Stones this year isn't a possibility.

I don't see them playing Glastonbury, seen as how the London shows are dearer than the whole weekend.

If they are gonna tour next summer i can see them doing Glastonbury with Eavis saying he is doing everything he can to get them . If not i can see Hyde Park gig(s) or Wembley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Anyone who would pay that amount for a ticket to see and band which are a shadow of their former selves is a nutjob in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

The Stones - great b(r)and.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

How can you have an official bootleg?
    ...I just checked to make sure I haven't been misunderstanding the word 'bootleg' all this time. I haven't. You can't have an official bootleg. The closest you can get to it is calling your cd "Steal this album". Selling your cd as part of a package costing over 1k is pretty much the other end of that spectrum.

Advertisement