Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

one for the bushcraft lads tg4 10pm

Options
  • 11-10-2012 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭

Dul i bhFiain
    Season 1 Episode 1 of 6
    New series. Outdoor experts Frainc MacCionnaith and Darach O Murchu journey from Down to Kerry, foraging for food as they go. They begin their adventure surrounded by the majestic Mourne Mountains in Down, and Frainc hopes his home county can provide them with enough fish, plant life and even a squirrel for their pot.

a bleedin squirrel :P:P: are they nuts ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Enjoyable programme no Grey squirrels though :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

jeez that guy sure knows his stuff enjoyed it.;)
    his pie looked tasty.

his pie looked tasty.

Yep the rest of the series should be cool , TG4 make great shows they should advertise them better though .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 dr_duddle

I was looking forward to the programme but got kind of bored of it half way through. Hopefully the next one will be better,
    Ps, what bush-craft expert would make pastry when 'in the wild' and would be worried about a garnish for his soup!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

finally a programme on the wild food around us as opposed to some exotic location. they are driving around the place instead of hiking, and bring with them a ridiculous amount of equipment.
    the gf who grew up eating wild food sneered at their nettle picking and labelled the programme 'wild food for city boys'.
    the next episode should be interesting- they are to catch a pheasant-out of season.

his pie looked tasty.

yeah but who goes hiking with a large baking tray and all the other equipment they had?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

Fuinseog wrote: »
    yeah but who goes hiking with a large baking tray and all the other equipment they had?
    yeah i did kinda laugh at this myself :D,
    but look don't knock it just yet , you can reduce the weight and size of your gear for either cycle touring (ME) or backpacking. it's good to see how these boys go about things.it is television after all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

yeah i did kinda laugh at this myself :D,
    but look don't knock it just yet , you can reduce the weight and size of your gear for either cycle touring (ME) or backpacking. it's good to see how these boys go about things.it is television after all ;)

I wondered the same thing. The two boys had fairly compact looking packs. Did they have space for the baking gear as well? They seemed genuine enough though, I must say. Really interesting show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

duckysauce wrote: »
    TG4 make great shows they should advertise them better though .
    This is so true.
    I've stumbled across so many great documentaries there, purely by accident!

The only program they seem to advertise is Ros Na Run.... what's Irish for "Leave it aaaahht, it's faaamily"....! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 InMyElement

dr_duddle wrote: »
    I was looking forward to the programme but got kind of bored of it half way through. Hopefully the next one will be better,
    Ps, what bush-craft expert would make pastry when 'in the wild' and would be worried about a garnish for his soup!
    Fuinseog wrote: »

The program is about foraging with some references to food history/ traditional food. Its not about bushcraft, survival skills or hiking/back packing. As somebody else posted, its made for tv. Hope you enjoy the rest of the series.

maybe a mod could edit the title so

• Registered Users Posts: 6 beccabunga

What does the title mean?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭robp

beccabunga wrote: »

Its something like going the way of the fianna. If you don't know the fianna check them out. I guess its come to mean foraging aswell as its original meaning.

I was infact very pleased with the show. The time of year constrains it a bit though. I think a Les Stroud or Bear Grylls style show has been done and would be outright impractical in crowded Ireland.

beccabunga wrote: »

going wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Nicker

Just going to drag this up again, now that the weather is good I'd love to see the show again, I've tried youtube and the TG4 web page but cant find it. Anyone know if the series is available online anywhere? Saw some cool recipes on it but cant remember them in detail...

Advertisement