Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre cooked turkey and ham

• 11-10-2012 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭

Apologies for mentioning the C word in October!

My mother is going into hospital a week before Christmas for an operation and is already worrying that she won't be able to cook a Christmas dinner. My sister and I are both working until lunchtime on Christmas day so won't be able to cook it on time. My father is worse than useless in the kitchen (or too lazy in other words, but anyway), so that's not an option either.

So, does anyone know a butchers that will precook a turkey and ham? We'll be home by lunch so veg etc will be fine, but it would be great if we'd be able to get the meat done somewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

we were in a similar position last year and collected a cooked turkey and ham from russells bar on Fr Russell Rd on C eve.

We got the veg there too - all we had to do was heat it up on C day (not typing it myself either!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Try Freddie Dore of Franz Restaurant 061305540, formally of Russells bar & restaurant, friends of ours used him last Christmas & were very happy, you said you don't need it but I believe he provides washed vacum packed veg with cooking instructions as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

actually now that you mention it the staff did say that it was cooked in Franz but I collected in Russells - chances are they're one of the same ... couldn't fault it anyway where ever it came from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Thanks to you both. Will try Russells and/or Franz.

Advertisement