Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good news for cancer sufferers in Donegal

Options
  • 11-10-2012 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

Just seen in todays Democrat (sorry no link), that Altnagelvin Hospital in Derry in due to start work in the next couple of weeks, on a brand new unit for cancer diagnosis and treatment. With a coverage area of Derry, Fermanagh, Tyrone, and parts of Donegal.

Hopefully at last this will end the long grusome journey to Dublin or Galway for many in the county, providing relief for them and their families. Some will still have to travel to Belfast or Dublin, depending on severity or type, but surely this is some good news that will be a relief to many.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

A most welcomed service indeed. I think its going to be a while before its operational but will be well worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Think I read 2015 or 2016?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

NIMAN wrote: »
    Think I read 2015 or 2016?

Yeah 2016 apparently :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Bichon Lover

I hope it has not run into problems.

I was at the cancer suite yesterday and saw 3 or 4 vans from an asbestos removal contractor parked outside - in the area where I presume the new wing will be built.

Any delay would be dreadful.

Advertisement