Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help a dull brunnette

• 11-10-2012 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I spent ten years or so wrecking my mouse brown hair with home dyes (blonde) and in 2010 I had it dyed a dark brown to bring me back towards my natural sh*tty mouse crap colour.
    Anyway, hair is now in a decent condition and I'm ready again for some colour.
    I don't want something too high maintenance so while I'd love to be blonde again I don't have the time or money to do it right.
    I need something to just boost my manky dull moth coloured hair. God I hate it so much :)
    There was a shampoo I used in my early teens called Henara or something and there were versions for blonde fair or dark hair to "enhance" your colour. I've seen a John Frieda product thats similar "Brilliant Brunnette" has anyone used it? Is it any good?

I could probably spring for some professional highlights but I don't know what shade or if I should just dye the whole lot darker.
    I would like to steer clear of red.
    I have dull pale skin and grey eyes ... no standout features there!

So, any fellow mice want to share some tips or advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 JaneCompti

Would you consider keeping it simple and going for a lighter shade of your natural colour? Or maybe just some warm tones through your hair for the winter.

I also have brown hair and recently got a short bob, so I'm really tempted to get some dye put in it.

What colours have you had in your hair before, apart from blonde?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

I had the blonde which eventually merged with my old colour into a dreadful ginger mess! Then I had it dyed a very dark brown with an almost purple hue. I liked that but I think it was maybe too dark with my skin tone I don't know.

I think something subtle through it might be best alright

That happened to me before too - it was ginger initially and then towards the end it went gingery again. We probably have a natural ginger tone hidden in their somewhere :O

Subtle tones can be a handy way to get a change without having to commit to anything yet. You could always try on wigs in the pound shop and see what colours suit you :P

I was having a look at this earlier - http://www.clairol.ie/niceneasy-foam/see-the-shades/

I often have no idea what I would like done to my hair, so I just say to the people in the salon what I like and don't like and how important it is that the hair goes with the standard ruddy Irish complexion. When they know what hasn't worked before and what I didn't like, it's a lot easier for them to stay clear of that and figure out what might work.

Would you go for burgundy highlights - I got that done before and it they did it in a very classy way. Again, I would mention to them that you do not want anything gingery going on :)

Advertisement