Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick question re pay (secondary school)

• 11-10-2012 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

hi all
    just a quick question re pay
    started subbing in a school (convent school) on 17th sept
    that substitution has turned into a small few p/t hours for the year ...
    just wondering about pay
    i'm into my fourth week now in the school and haven't been paid yet
    i've tried looking up the dept website as to when their paydates are but i can't find anything. have also tried the asti website but again i can't see anything - i was in a vec school last year and the staff notice board had a list of paydates posted but i can't see anything like that in this school..
    just wondering when can i expect to get paid?
    thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭smallgarden

i havent been paid properly yet either, i have got paid for one supervision class. ask whoevers responsible for payroll, it can take awhile to set people up on the system or they might need a gentle reminder, department pay is every two weeks. also check if you need to be filling in any slips saying what hours youve worked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

hi all
    just a quick question re pay
    started subbing in a school (convent school) on 17th sept
    that substitution has turned into a small few p/t hours for the year ...
    just wondering about pay
    i'm into my fourth week now in the school and haven't been paid yet
    i've tried looking up the dept website as to when their paydates are but i can't find anything. have also tried the asti website but again i can't see anything - i was in a vec school last year and the staff notice board had a list of paydates posted but i can't see anything like that in this school..
    just wondering when can i expect to get paid?
    thanks in advance!

Will you be school paid or dept paid? Next dept pay is thurs 18th oct!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

thanks for the replies
    no think i had pretty much everything up to speed - was waiting on statement of hours worked last year from vec but that came in post this week so i've sent that in.
    i know dp (who looks after this kind of thing) had mentioned in passing when i gave in my ppsn etc that i was just in time as that was the deadline for submitting the hours for the week i had substituted ... and that was over two weeks ago so i had thought i'd be paid this week.. but nada yet .. oh well i suppose i'll be waiting till the 18th now.
    ach at least i'll have had a chance to sort my tax credits :) - not that it'll make much of a difference ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭smallgarden

what vec did you get statement of service from and did it take long? im waiting on a fewvand just wondering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I know when I started (full hours at the time) I didnt get paid properly until mid November....the principal offered to sub me while it was being sorted out so obviously he was aware that it can take quite a while !!! Just make sure the school has actually sent off the relevant paperwork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

what vec did you get statement of service from and did it take long? im waiting on a fewvand just wondering

it was cork county so quite a large vec (i think)
    i rang initially and was told the request had to be in writing so then sent in an email
    i followed that up again last week with another phone call and i could literally hear her sorting through a filing cabinet or something looking for my stuff ... so i think without the phone call i'd still be waiting ...

Advertisement