Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a teaching job in Ireland?!!!

Options
  • 11-10-2012 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭

Hi,

Like many postgrads, I am really confused as to what job I actually want to have. I done a masters because I didnt have enough credits to do teaching (a masters get you an extra 8 or 10). In the last year it looks like teaching in Ireland has become very hard to get into.

Any advice for a very worried postgrad?

Im planning on working this year to save 6000 so i can pay for a hdip so Im hoping to get advice before I end up wasting a year of my life saving for something that might not be what i even get.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Next year will be the final year before the course become a two year course and therefore doubling in price just to let you know. Its very hard to get a job it will take a good few years and some luck to get a permanent position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭JajaD

Yeah thats the reason why im applying this year so i can hopefully do it before the 2 year course begins! Jesus... im freakin out now. Theres me thinking 'get the degree, do the masters and boom get into a hdip...finish and get a teaching job'.... now its all looking pear shaped... :(

Advertisement