Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a site with thesis or other framework

Options
  • 11-10-2012 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

Hi all
    I want to build two sites in the coming months and with little technical web design experience I was thinking of going down the route of buying thesis and setting up the sites with that. I have experience in graphics and design but I was hoping a framework tool such as thesis would help me get over the lack of programming skills.

But if these sites are built with thesis and are live.( heres the stupid question ) What happens if thesis goes bust or never gets updated ?
    Do the sites stay stable and will they be updatable etc. in say 2 years time ?

Is wordpress a short term solution when I should be simply building the sites as standard own sites ( if you get me )

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

If it's more a content site than a web app, just use Wordpress. Free, massively customisable, well supported, big community and easy to learn.

Advertisement