Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hot chocolate

Options
  • 11-10-2012 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭

Anywhere does hot chocolate at this have a bit of a craving?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Anywhere does hot chocolate at this have a bit of a craving?

Where in Dublin are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

You must really be craving it!! Try tesco, any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

accents cafe lounge on stephens street do really nice hot chocolate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Bald Barista in Wexford Street/Redmond's Hill can be nice, but tell them you want it strong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I think he meant was there anywhere he could get it at half eleven at night.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Hmm, i would love to find somewhere in Dublin that does proper hot chocolate - like what you in France, in the silver chocolate pots, really thick, rich chocolate.

anywhere i have had it in Dublin is has been watery ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

irishbird wrote: »
    Hmm, i would love to find somewhere in Dublin that does proper hot chocolate - like what you in France, in the silver chocolate pots, really thick, rich chocolate.

The best hot chocolate I ever had was in Bruges. You melt the chocolate into it yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

My favourite's Butler's. Anyone got any contenders to rival them? Its so rich and creamy, a different level compared to the usual weak cadbury's powdered stuff most cafés sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭qwert2

Brown Thomas® (I hate promoting this posh prententious crowd), anyway they do a lovely hot chocolate (expensive obviouisly) just at the entrance to their store on Grafton Street™

• Advertisement

irishbird wrote: »

Its not incredibly thick but, In KC Peaches on Nassau Street they melt chocolate in the Milk for the hot chocolate, no powdered sh*te

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Agree on Accents - it is good, the white version is nice also

I have never liked Butlers for Hot Choc - but I think thats just me, as I know other that think they are v good

I must try Brown Thomas - never knew they did that

There is a place on Bachelors Walk that do a great one - do not know the name of the place though

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭qwert2

Agree on Accents - it is good, the white version is nice also

I have never liked Butlers for Hot Choc - but I think thats just me, as I know other that think they are v good

I must try Brown Thomas - never knew they did that

There is a place on Bachelors Walk that do a great one - do not know the name of the place though

Must try Accents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

mmcn90 wrote: »
    Its not incredibly thick but, In KC Peaches on Nassau Street they melt chocolate in the Milk for the hot chocolate, no powdered sh*te

Love that KC peaches place. All their foods natural and most organic. Very good and great selection of for those who like to eat healthy :D Don't get much places like them around :rolleyes:

Starbucks do a nice hot chocolate. Probably a little over rated tho

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭sky2424

http://www.yelp.ie/biz/caf%C3%A9-irie-dublin-4
    http://www.menupages.ie/dublin/city_centre/city_centre_south/cafe_irie

Cool little hippy cafe that serves hot choc with flakes in it. Amazing pizzas while your at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Brother Hubbards on Capel Street do it properly too, it's divine :)

1e2uck.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Another vote for Brother Hubbard.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Insomnia is great for it, especially at Stephens green.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Insomnia do nice hot chocolate - the chocolate they use is Lily O'Brien's I think and it's really nice except it's not a very "chocolately" hot chocolate which I actually prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭teddansonswig

theres a cafe in temple bar, on fleet street, it used to be called the joy of coffee (same block as music center) they have all kindsa fancy hot chocs, well worth a look and open late! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Really? Because mine is always so strong with loads of chocolate left at the bottom. They do vary shop to shop though

g'em wrote: »

g'em, that looks unreal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nolitimere

Surprised there's no mention of Carluccio's hot chocolate (on dawson street). I think that's one of the best in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

And of course Butler's, the epicentre of hot and cold chocolate.

Just went out in the name of this thread and had a hot chocolate in woodstock in phibsboro, it was great! They grind their own own blend of Belgian chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

g'em wrote: »

1e2uck.jpg

oh god im going there tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭d9oiu2wk07blr5

Butlers also do hot chocolate that you have to melt....getting to that season again!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

The one in Brown Thomas is at the Laduree macaron stand, it's gorgeous!

+1 for Accents, lovely stuff. They give you hot milk and a bowl of chocolate chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Bumblebee Man

Really? Because mine is always so strong with loads of chocolate left at the bottom. They do vary shop to shop though

Work in the insomnia in my shop from time to time. We're told to put 1 scoop of the chocolate in for a tall and between 1 and 2 for a grande. Generally though people tend to tell us if they want extra or less and it's no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

I really like the hot chocolates in Murphy's icecream shop, especially the aztec one. It has chilli, cardamom, cinnamon and nutmeg in it. Great on cold winter evenings.

Advertisement