Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safety keeps engaging on Lamber

Options
  • 11-10-2012 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

Friend has a Lamber o/u, not sure of the model but it is quite new. When he fires it the first shot causes the safety to click back and engage. Before we go taking it apart, just wondering if any has any ideas of possible causes or has come across this before.

Edit . . . . gun has no chokes if that helps narrow down model.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

seeing as this is a safety concern, why not let a professional tackle a repair, before stripping it and bodging it yereselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Jonty wrote: »
    seeing as this is a safety concern, why not let a professional tackle a repair, before stripping it and bodging it yereselves?

Pricking around with the safety mechanism on a shotgun is not a good idea.

I had a similar problem on an old shotgun and it was suggested to me that either scrap it, or disconnect the safety :eek:

Do I need to explain which option I opted for??

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭patdahat

Had this problem on my SxS. Just took it apart and all it was is a screw that had come loose on a spring that applies the pressure on the safety latch. Squeezed it a turn put the gun back together fired a number of shot's starting with a light load and working up to a heavy load, once the safety didn't go off again took it apart again mark the screw with Tipp-Ex, take it out, applied a drop of an adhesive (cant remember which 1) . Tighten up the screw to the Tipp-Ex mark job done. The spring was not the type to go flying.

what make of shotgun was it Pat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭patdahat

AYA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

I had the same problem with a Lanber a while back albeit a much older one. I reckoned at the time that my thumb was still resting by the safety after turning it off and the recoil from the shot would cause my thumb to hit it. The safety had become very loose with wear which is what was allowing it to move so freely.

Eventually brought it to get looked at, all she needed was a new spring on the safety and I got a new firing pin while I was at it. Was like new after that and it didn't cost much.

Advertisement